How Do I Saved folders aren't working

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by cutupxangels, Dec 4, 2006.

1. cutupxangels

cutupxangels New Member

Saved folders aren't working

Hi,

I've just reinstalled the Sims 2 because our PC needed to be wiped clean & I've replaced the original folders with the ones I saved to disc - but they aren't working! All of my created neighbourhoods have disappeared, skins/objects aren't showing up, & neither are any of my sims/families/lots - it just looks as it does when you've installed it for the first time.

I saved the entire Sims 2 folder in 'my documents' & also the EA Games folder in Program Files just to be on the safe side (oh, the irony) so I definitely still have all of my things, they just won't work!

Everything is in the right place too, so I'm stuck over what to try next.

The only thing that's different is I had Pets & Nightlife installed when I saved everything, which I haven't added at the moment, but I've installed all of the others (if that makes any sense)

Can anyone help?

2. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Try installing Nightlife and Pets again. Each expansion pack changes the files in some mysterious manner, which is why people recommend making copies of the files BEFORE you install any expansion, just in case you want to go backwards to a point before that installation.

My guess is that your files can only be read by the expansion pack you installed last before saving them.

Then, put the saved files back in place after you've finished intalling NL and Pets.