SimCity 4 sc4 neighborhood for TS2

Discussion in 'SimCity Legacy' started by tberg75, Jan 6, 2004.

1. tberg75

tberg75 New Member

sc4 neighborhood for TS2

one of my several attempts at a neighborhood. enjoy!

Attached Files:

2. sam_lawrence

sam_lawrence SimCity Moderator

Looks nice. Got a good balance of both flat land and hilly areas :)

3. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Cool! I'm wanting to learn to do that too! But now that I'm distracted with Makin Magic it might take me a while to learn... :)

4. OinkUsed2BABunny

OinkUsed2BABunny Perma-banned.

Schweet. Too bad I found out that no matter the geometry of the landscape, the pollution still fans out in a circle, affection nearby buildings. From then on I just never bothered with anything but flat-lands. Easier that way.

5. sam_lawrence

Easier, but less attractive in my opinion. But hey, you can always cheat your pollution away! There's pollution eating buildings you can download you know.

6. jayjaydiva

jayjaydiva New Member

is this for the sims 2?

7. jayjaydiva

jayjaydiva New Member

another thing, where can you download sc4 neighborhoods for ts2?

8. sam_lawrence

Yes it is for The Sims 2, but you can't yet download SC4 neighbourhoods for it i'm afraid.

9. DarkLordRasputin

DarkLordRasputin New Member

Im in the process of creating a nieghborhood for TS2 what are some of the restictions?:confused:

10. sam_lawrence

I'm not too sure about many details at all, but the only restrictions i know of are that you can only use roads. No streets, avenues or highways. I'm not sure about trees though. Water i'm pretty sure you can use, along with bridges. This is mostly based off screenshots of TS2 neighbourhoods i've seen.

11. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

You can terraform just about any sort of terrain you want (rivers, ocean beaches, lakes, hills, mountains, flatlands, etc.) You just want to leave room for your houses that you'll place in Sims2. (And the nice thing is that it doesn't have to be seen from just one angle. So you can put a mountain in the middle and see all sides of it.)

No trees or animals. And no zoning of any kind (such as RCI, power, water, etc.) They don't transfer over.

Use only the SC4 vanilla bridge, not the Rush Hour bridges. And the roads cannot be diagonal. As he said, no streets, avenues, one ways, highways or traintracks. The biggest problem right now in using it is that we don't know how much room to leave between roads for the residential and community lots we'll place in Sims2.

However, once the terrain and roads are imported into Sims2, there are props (such as trees, big rocks, parking lots, cultivated fields, waterfalls, power towers and the like) that can be placed. It's those props you are seeing in the neighborhoods.

12. sam_lawrence

Ahh thanks for clearing that up, KatAnubis :) TS2 is sounding better by the day. I think i might have to invest in a copy.

13. DarkLordRasputin

I ll be posting Screenies of the following Nieghborhoods i have designed:

-Lynndenvale
    -Sunnyvale
    -Rossington

14. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I'll be looking forward to seeing what your neighborhoods look like DarkLordRasputin! :D

15. DarkLordRasputin

Thank u i look foward to dling some of urs and playing them too

16. sam_lawrence

I've been playing around with some terraforming in SC4, working towards some usable landscapes for TS2. So far i've mainly been experimenting with different tools and techniques. One of the more successful results was this - a lagoon type island. It wouldn't be very functional for TS2, only having a very small amount of flatish land. But it was, after-all, just an experiment.

[​IMG]

17. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

That makes me want to make a neighborhood of one great private beach! :p

18. merlin_simmius

merlin_simmius New Member

I'm replying a bit late, but that lagoon type island is GORGEOUS!

19. sam_lawrence

Thanks for the kind words :) I'd expect that terrain to look pretty different in TS2 though. For one the dark water colour (usually lighter blue) is a game mod, as are the tree types and the rock cliffs (which are dirt coloured standard).

20. merlin_simmius

merlin_simmius New Member

You're welcome. :)

I wondered how you got that water...it looks very effective. I could *almost* be looking down at a real deserted island-type place. That really is good. Makes me wish I was a teeny tiny sim sitting on that little stretch of sand...especially if there was a boat near by. (wouldn't want to get stranded). :D

Well done. I've tried creating neighbourhoods and I just can't do it. I stink at it.

;)