News SecuBeGone - An easy way to remove SecuROM!

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Judhudson, May 8, 2009.

1. Judhudson

Judhudson is a Hi-Tech Redneck

SecuBeGone - An easy way to remove SecuROM!

[​IMG]Leave it to the brilliant minds over at Reclaim Your Game…One user - midfingr (kudos on the name btw) successfully created an automated program in which it will remove ALL the files from SecuROM - even the pesky registries.* Since I’m afraid to continue on explaining it myself in fear of mis-interpreting what the program actually does, I’ll let the creator take it away:

SecuROM Be Gone Batch File

Last edited 4/27/2009

Introduction and About.

Thank you for downloading this file.

It’s purpose is to remove all remnants of SecuROM from your Windows system. While it does achieve most of this, you will need to (in most cases) use CCleaner to clear out two final registry entries. If you need CCleaner, please use the one included or download it from: http://www.ccleaner.com/ It is suggested that you check for updates from within CCleaner.

From the many, many hours of work done by a great number of people from around the world, I decided to make a batch file to help end users who, for any reason, do not want SecuROM on their system.

NOTE: *Please remember that in doing so, may render your game un-playable and may need to be re-installed.

A special note for Vista users. You may need Administrative rights, but my tests indicate that it doesn’t.

****************************************************************************************

Tools needed:

secubegone.bat
    CCleaner
    RegDelNull

****************************************************************************************

How to use:

There is no installation need for the batch file (secubegone.bat). However you will need to install CCleaner if you do not have it on your system. Also, make sure RegDelNull is in the same folder as the batch file.

Simply run the batch file and press ‘OK’ for any pop-ups that may appear. When finished press any key to close the program. Then run CCleaner, both the Cleaner and Registry sections. Restart your computer to make the removal finalized.

*NOTE: If needed see further instructions on using CCleaner at:

http://reclaimyourgame.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=71&Itemid=95

*******************************************************************************************

What to expect.

Some elements of SecuROM may not be on your system. If you see an message stating ‘error cannot be found’, don’t be alarmed. This is normal. If you suspect the program is not working properly, please visit: http://www.the-prism.com/ and sign up for an account (it’s free) and post any questions you may have.

This is not to be used for commercial purposes and I cannot make any guarantees as each system setup is different. Althoughthis software is relatively safe to use, there is no way to confirm it will work for certain on your Windows PC.

**********************************************************************************************

A list of registry entries to watch out for.

CmdLineExt.dll
    CmdLineExt01.dll
    CmdLineExt02.dll
    CmdLineExt03.dll
    CmdLineExt
    CmdLineExt.exe
    CmdLineContextMenu Class
    CmdLineExtInstaller.exe
    CmdLineExt.CmdLineContextMenu
    CmdLineExt.CmdLineContextMenu.1
    drm_dyndat_*.dll
    drm_dialogs.dll
    SecuExp.exe

Also. Select start, RUN and type %appdata% if the program was successful, you should not see a folder named ‘Securom’.

**********************************************************************************************

To Do List:

List of credits and links

I ran the program myself and once was completed, dug into my registry to find out the files were actually gone!* After a brief minute or so of celebrating, I groaned as I knew once I run Spore, it’ll self-install again.* And to be honest…I love me some Spore [​IMG]

If you have any questions on SecuBeGone, I’d highly recommend dropping over to Reclaim Your Game.* They’ll do a lot better at helping then what I ever could do [​IMG]

Oh, and before I forget, from the bottom of my heart - THANK YOU midfingr and RYG!!!