Troubleshooting "Select your neighborhood" - they're all blank!

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by spfan607, Feb 5, 2007.

1. spfan607

spfan607 New Member

"Select your neighborhood" - they're all blank!

I recently got a copy of The Sims 2 for my mac laptop. It was working just fine until a few days ago things started to get a bit buggy - no neighborhood descriptions and things like that. A copy of the University expansion pack just came in the mail, so i installed that, and now the "Select Your Neighborhood" screen gives me a nice choice of 3 completely blank, wire-frame neighborhoods rather than that familiar "Pleasantview" and such places. To top it all off, it freezes every time I try to enter one of them.

However, on my brother's account - on the same laptop - everything seems to be working fine and dandy. I'm wondering if the copy installed on my account got corrupted somehow or something...

any tips? I could really use some...

(and if you say, "Go buy a PC" I will kick you in the face.)

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

The only suggestion I could have is that you rebuild your entire Sims 2 Profile for your account. I suspect that the neighborhoods are kept seperate from each user so they don't interfere with each other's gameplay.