September 11, 2002

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ManagerJosh, Sep 10, 2002.

1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

September 11, 2002

It has been one year since the attack on America. Post thoughts and what you plan to do on this day.

I plan to pray for this nation and remember the 3,000 souls lost on that day.

2. ManagerJosh

I can't believe no one commented here... :-X

3. LordBrain515

LordBrain515 New Member

To tell you the truth, I don't really have that many feelings about September 11th. I'm sad that all of those people died, but I can't really relate it to me. I'm just glad it's pretty much over.

4. ManagerJosh

It is never over James :(

The incident is frozen in our minds forever. Every September 11th, I'll have chills remembering the day when America was Attacked...

5. LordBrain515

LordBrain515 New Member

The reason I might not have such strong feelings about it is the fact that I didn't see it on TV as it was happening. I was at school and the only thing they told us was that a plane had crashed in New York. Everyone was like, so. Planes have crashed before and they didn't announced it on the PA system. At lunch, a lot of kids left school (we have an open-campus). When my friend got back, she told me about it because she heard it on the radio. It wasn't until I got home from school that I was able to actualy see anything about it.

6. ManagerJosh

Oic....how much emotion is in that? I watched it live as the two towers fell burying many more innocent lives...

7. LordBrain515

LordBrain515 New Member

That's probably why

you might want to edit "asss" I think you meant as :)

8. LordBrain515

LordBrain515 New Member

Never mind, I fixed it for you. I forgot I had that ability

9. sam_lawrence

sam_lawrence SimCity Moderator

Well the 9-11 attacks were horrible.... but why does no one ever talk about the 6000 or so innocent ppl that were bombed in Afganistan?

10. ManagerJosh

I think it is the viewpoint...I mean we lost something that represents America.

11. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

What I did: I lit a virtual candle in my grandmother's name on one of the sites doing a memorial to those lost. My grandma died September 6, just in time to miss it, and part of me is glad she never had to see this. I knew she would care though which is why I lit the candle in her name. I cried when I filled out her location: Heaven.

12. ManagerJosh

13. sam_lawrence

sam_lawrence SimCity Moderator

Awwwee, thats so sweet *sob*

14. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

I saw it on TV-news.. Thought first it was a bad movie on a weird hour. It wasn't many years since Estonia sank and almost 1000 ppl died in the waters between Sweden and Estland.. Attacked? sabotaged? noone knows yet.. Everyone is blaming everyone else..

All those ppl that get injured and killed in suicideattacks around the world?

All the ppl killed by Hitler and Mussolini? There's no end of the bad things.

Us had so far not been attacked, and they knew exactly how to get most attention, they took the symbols..

Wherever such things happens we should all light a candle, say a pray or whatever we do to remember those who dies.

Understanding and compassion is what this world needs, no matter who it concerns. God created us ALL to be equal. Unfortunately some ppl uses that to oppress others in the name of God. And that goes for ALL religions. There are always some religious leaders that is suppressive.

I believe the majority of mankind basically is good. It's the rest, the few,unforunately charismatic, nutty ones that causes the mayhems. The few you can find everywhere, they're spread all over.

Let's sept 11 unite us all, no matter where we live, what race or religion we belong to in an effort to create peaceful bonds all over this planet. I think that's what I want to do in order to honour all ppl that suffered from attacks and suppression, Let the memorys of WW II strengthen that bond of peace and friendship.

Let's begin here in the world of Maxisfans and let us spread the word of understanding and willingness to listen beyond.

Peace not war, hate and revenge.

15. Jake

Jake New Member

amen to that.

for a religous note. to the suidide bombers supposedly do it the name of their god, i saw on 48 hours with Peter Gennings (spelling?) that it is actually against their religion to comit suicide. I'm speakin of the muslims of course.

16. ManagerJosh

Technically they aren't muslim. It has been repeately said that but those terrorists call themselves Muslims, which they really aren't.

17. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Right both of you. I have a friend who actually read the Koran (muslim bible) out of curiosity, and there are nothing about these sort of things. What I mean is that these fanatics is doing it in the name of God, Allah or whatever..

And whereever these fanatics are , the strongest weapon we have is to unite and work for understanding. That's my belief is the key to contradict the mayhem.

Understanding is for me composed of 3 things. the actual communication, the affection for people that comes from the communication and the realityfactor.. how real we can make our viewpoints for the other person.

We can understand things without necessary think it's the thing we ourselves want or will live by.. Live and let Live... with understanding comes acceptance.. and the need of violence and oppression fades away.

18. Jake

Jake New Member

true.... The speach Micheal J. Fox gave in Independence Day comes to mind. it sort of applies, at least what i remember.

19. ManagerJosh

Amen to that Nina. More understanding and less hate.

20. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

:classic::classic::classic::classic::classic:

HUGS

:classic::classic::classic::classic::classic: