News Serious CAW Issue Still Not Fixed

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by Judhudson, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Judhudson

Judhudson is a Hi-Tech Redneck

Serious CAW Issue Still Not Fixed

First of all, I want to apologize for not posting about this issue, since it’s been over a month now. Apparently (and I just discovered this today) there is a very serious bug with the latest patch and with Ambitions installed in relation to CAW (Create-A-World). CAW now won’t start. I captured a screen shot of my desktop with an example down below. This issue was discovered around early June as far as I have noticed. CAW simply won’t load and it gives you an error message as evident from the screen shot below, but your game still should function as normally (other than the bugs that came with the EP). This may not seem like an issue for non-CAW users but for those of you who want to download new worlds, you may have to wait a while before they appear, unless the creator uses CAW without the latest patch and/or Ambitions. I’ve noticed that this issue is causing an uproar, and that is also why I wanted to bring it to the attention of those who weren’t aware. I was finally going to create my first official world earlier today until I discovered the error. It is very frustrating but we just have to wait until EA fixes the issue.

Here is a link to the official statement by SimGuruHydra: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/227444.page

[​IMG]