Sharing Family 2 computers

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by blamb327, Apr 8, 2007.

1. blamb327

blamb327 New Member

Sharing Family 2 computers

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to share my family/game from my iMac and my MacBook Pro. After I play on one, I package the family and save it and then send it over to the other computer. The only problem is that when I 'import' it into the other computer my family looses all their friends.

Is there a better way to play the game on 2 computers with the same family and keep it updated?

Thanks!

2. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

I'm afraid not...UNLESS you install and play the game on an external harddrive. That is how I used to play Sims 1, so I would think that would work for Sims 2. (If you try that route, I'd go with a FireWire harddrive for a faster sustained connection.)

3. blamb327

blamb327 New Member

Thanks

Thanks for the response. I never though of using my external HDD. It is firewire 400 so it just may work. I'm going to experiment a bit with it and let you know. I wonder what would happen if I tried to access it wirelessly like I do when I watch movies on it using my MBP.

Thanks again!

^_*

4. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

Happy to help! We Mac users must stick together! Please update us on how your experimentation works! I'm especially interested in the wireless access...I'd never thought of trying that, but if it works, that could be really interesting!