shopping

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by simslacker, Nov 19, 2004.

1. simslacker

simslacker New Member

shopping

if i want 1 family memeber to go shopping - what will happen to the rest of the family while he/she is gone? can my family of 4 all go together?

2. HelloKit

HelloKit New Member

Yes, they can all go together. When you call the taxi and it asks who needs a ride, select "Multiple Sims".

If one goes, nothing happens to the rest of the family - no time will actually pass at home while the one is out. When you return home it will be the same time as when you left, and everyone will be exactly where you left them. This can create a problem since the sim who went out will have their needs drained as if it is much later in the day, but I've found a workaround for that... as long as that sim has 3 or more logic points, you can put him/her into meditation when you return home, until the time he/she would have actually returned home. This keeps the sim's needs frozen until the clock catches up with him. It's not perfect, since needs seem to decay faster on community lots than at home, but it's better than having a sim who's ready to pass out at 10 or 11 am.

3. aragorn231

aragorn231 New Member

This made me think of an issue I experienced earlier. I had a family of 6 and wanted 2 of them to go to a community lot, so I selected "Multiple Sims". And guess what happened? Right, the taxi refused to leave with only the 2 sims in there! I didn't try it out but I guess it was waiting for the other 4.

Does anyone know if it's possible to have more than one sim but not the whole family take a taxi? If yes, how do you do that?

4. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

Not yet, but I'm working on it.

5. aragorn231

aragorn231 New Member

Cool, I could have thought you were ;)