Troubleshooting Sim babies inherit unexpected personalities/genetics.

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by hugzncuddles, Jul 17, 2007.

1. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

Sim babies inherit unexpected personalities/genetics.

Ok, it's the last straw, I give up. :rolleyes:

Every sim baby in my neighbourhood has been born with an unexpected personality. Mostly, the baby has 1 Nice point, even when the parents both have like 7 or 8 each. Often if I'm really lucky, the baby has 3 nice points. Additionally, the babies often have one or two of the following: 10 neat/ 10 active/ 10 outgoing points.

The baby personality is usually way off the parents' personalities. Now, I don't mind variety in the personalities, but 1 nice point in virtually EVERY birth is really driving me insane. I have used the 'encourage' interaction on many sim children to raise their nice points but in my perfect sim world, that won't do. :p I can still see the white line on the personality tab that shows their original personality points and star sign.

I have also had problems with the genetics - facial features are sometimes completely different from the parents, and one child had a completely flat nose, lol. Also, the facial features of existing adults previously made in BodyShop and CAS are distorted, like on some sims the cheekbones and chin are ridiculously proportioned.

Is it just me or has anyone else had this problem? I only played Pets a couple of times before getting Seasons, so not sure which of those EPs might have caused this annoying freak of nature. I've downloaded the Seasons Patch just now, but I didn't see my issues on the list so not sure if it will actually fix anything.

2. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Hey, the same thing's been happening to me on a regular basis! Not every kid, though. I've had a rash of nice ones lately, but for a while there I was getting all cat kickers, you know, kids with 1 nice point.

I seem to have broken the spell though. I have a couple of families with a lot of kids: maybe that did it? Not sure.

Anyway, it isn't just you.

3. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

Phew, well that's a relief to know it's not just me - not nice for you though either. I did get one or two children with a more normal personality, but that's after I've exited without saving (lots of times) when, after the birth and baby stage, the baby has reached toddler stage and I see they have 1 nice point AGAIN.

Flamey's been trying to test it out on his game using parents with the same personality points as mine.

Just an example of one family I have:

Mother - 4 Neat, 5 Outgoing, 4 Active, 5 Playful, 7 Nice
    Father - 3 Neat, 5 Outgoing, 5 Active, 5 Playful, 7 Nice

Child 1 - 7 Neat, 10 Outgoing, 8 Active, 6 Playful, 3 Nice
    Child 2 - 10 Neat, 3 Outgoing, 10 Active, 2 Playful, 3 Nice

Those were what I 'got lucky' with in terms of nice points - after exiting without saving so many times, when I finally got one with 3 nice points, I saved lol.

I saved just before the birth of another baby in that family, and have had to keep trying with the birth because I keep getting 1 nice point. An example - last night when I played out the birth, the child had :

3 Neat, 10 Outgoing, 9 Active, 10 Playful, 1 Nice

Annoying. :rolleyes: