Troubleshooting Sim Control Menu moves too fast

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by jamjoe89, Oct 19, 2008.

1. jamjoe89

jamjoe89 New Member

Sim Control Menu moves too fast

Hey all. I'm a new Simmer, who's installed and reinstalled the Sims 2 game (the basic one) many times, just to get it to work. I have Windows Vista and stuff. What's bugging me though is, although the game works perfectly fine otherwise, the control menu that comes up when you right-click on a Sim moves very fast, e.g. when selecting "have breakfast", I can click on the fridge and the menu comes up for about 3 seconds, i TRY to click on "have breakfast" and the second menu pops up for about 1 second and then disappears. It's severely annoying. In addition to that (and I don't know how much of an oddity this is), if I run the Sims Patch, the game DOESN'T work! Can someone give me any advice? I've tried everything I could think of. Please!!!:cry:

2. aluminumcrow

aluminumcrow New Member

:( I blame vista. My girlfriend had to jump through 1000 hoops to get sims 2 working on her vista laptop. When she gets home from work I'll ask if her problems were anything like yours.

3. aluminumcrow

aluminumcrow New Member

Sorry, Jamjoe, wasn't the problem she was having afterall.

4. Sim2 Rox da World

Sim2 Rox da World New Member

when entering a menu make sure you don't press 'Ctrl' either by accident or on purpose as that can cause the menu to appear and disappear really quickly.

it's possible that what i outlined above may or may not have any relevance to your problem.

5. luckycharms340

luckycharms340 New Member

I'm having the exact same problem!!! i've emailed the EA Tech support people and they had me do some things but it didn't work at all. I've been all over tons of troubleshooting sites trying to figure it out and i've had zero luck. I have vista too by the way. but when i first installed ts2 on my vista laptop i didn't have this problem..it was running just fine for about 2 months or so before it happened so i have a hard time blaming vista?:confused:

6. MegRen

MegRen New Member

Do you have AL? I know that my closets in the apartments are glitchy. If I run my mouse over them, my sim's queue clears out. I've been using the Stuck Object Remover to take the closets out of all my Apartment lots.

7. HelpfulGuest

HelpfulGuest New Member

I'm running on Vista, and everything seems fine.
    I did have this problem once, but it was due to the "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true" cheat.
    Have you been using it? That may be the cause.
    If it isn't, I have no clue.