Troubleshooting Sim disappears after returning from community lot

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Deafstrike, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Deafstrike

Deafstrike New Member

Sim disappears after returning from community lot

I am playing with University and Nightlife, no Stuff packs, no custom content.

Sims A an B, same family, went to a community lot, using their own car. They returned the same way (both entered the car). Upon return A was standing at the mailbox, the car was gone and so was B.

B's picture is still there, and actions like painting portraits assume that he is in the lot, but after selecting such an option it is automatically canceled. B can also be selected, but he has "Go Somewhere" as action, and giving more orders just leads to them piling up behind "Go Somewhere". B can be invited over in other lots. So for all intents and purposes he is there, except he isn't.

The buy and the build mode are locked, making the lot unplayable. The car is apparently still on the driveway (if I order A to go there he complains that the car is in the way), but invisible and unselectable.

2. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

Do you have all the patches for your game?

3. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

Evict family to the simbin, patch the game and put the sims back.