SIM Teens, anyone?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Phoenix Ravenflame, Feb 20, 2003.

1. Phoenix Ravenflame

Phoenix Ravenflame New Member

SIM Teens, anyone?

I found out about World SIMs from FaeLuna and she suggested I tell ya'll about my idea for a game. I want to see if anyone else thinks this sounds interesting enough that they would actually want to buy it and play. I don't think it's feasible as an expansion pack because a lot of how you develop personalities and things would be different, so I'm think of it as a seperate but similar game. My idea is SIM Teens. Sure, you could just make skins of cheerleader outfits or SIMs with acne and braces, but that wouldn't have any effect on their interactions with each other. In the real world, those thing have a big impact on teenagers' lives. So with my idea, you could give personality points for things like whether or not the teens are superficial, materialistic, etc. A teen who is nice but superficial might be friends with a teen who has acne and doesn't wear name brand clothes, but she wouldn't date him. Someone with very few nice points and who is superficial wouldn't even be friends with a kid who doesn't have a clear complexion and wear name brand clothes. If a teen with braces eats candy, it could cost money because they have to go to the orthodontist. Boys could stand in front of the mirror and, instead of "Practice Speech", "Practice Talking to Girls". (Okay, that mirror idea was FaeLuna's.)What do ya'll think of this?

Phoenix

2. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Hey! Good to see you posting here!!! :D

To add to the teen sims idea, I thought it might be neat if we follow the teens to school, and instead of moving up in careers with jobs, you move up in social circles and stuff like that. ;) I know others have mentioned stuff about school stuff for sims, someone wanted a marching band focused expansion, this sounds like it might fit in with this idea as this is kind of a new game idea instead of expansion.

I wonder if it would be at ALL possible to work out an approximation of this in the existing game ourselves.... :p

3. Phoenix Ravenflame

I think the game should follow the teens to school and give you the chance to play there. You would only have to go to one or two classes each day (I'm thinking a full schedule of six or seven a day would be too hard to play) and the game could automatically send you to the right classes every time you goto school. Falling asleep in class could getyou sent to detention. That opens possibilities because it could make you late for something after school (which could get you in more trouble) or it could be where you meet the guy who becomes your new boyfriend (your parents will love that). If you aren't doing well in a class, you could hire a tutor who comes to your home the night before you have to go to that class and studies with you. There could be a random event in PE where some days are free play and your Sim Teen gets to choose which game they want to play.

I've also been thinking about school and jobs. As it is, kids go to school and adults go to work. Teens could do both if they want to. Or they could drop out of school and go to work. But you know how your adults keep moving up toward the top of their career as long as they do a good job? Drop-out teens wouldn't be able to do they. No matter how good a job they do, they would only be able to advance to a certain level in the job unless they go back and finish school.

What to do about parents, though? Should the parents be NPCs like the teachers, or do you control them as well as the teens?

Phoenix

4. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Very welcome to us Phoenix. I hope you will be happy here with us and have lots of fun. :classic:

This sounds pretty interesting, but there are big differences in different areas of world about schooling system and other things as well. To get such a game overseas, you need to be able to adjust it for different parts of the world and I think that would be to much. here for example, driving kids to school are very rare. we hve schoolbuses for kids far out on the country side or they have to go by themselves, or they have a school within walkingdistance. This is just one difference out of many.

In such detailed game you need to leave it open so anyone can relate to their part of the world. I think that's one reason Maxis never took those things in. The schoolbus is something you can find over most parts of the world. The car pool represents the different ways people get to work.

In Simcity 4 you can follow your Sims (in a way) to and from work and you ahev all those ways of go to school/work. But you can't steer theire lives.

I think you have a good point in that education and basic schooling follows and gives room for a carrier. Here for example, big companys have their own courses so anyone in the company can learn more and advance despite lack of schooling above basic levels.

But don't give up that thought! Expand it and get more information and develope it. I think the basic here is very good and that you can be onto something real fun. Keep going!!. :classic: :classic:classic:

5. Phoenix Ravenflame

Thanks for the welcome, Nina. When I asked FaeLuna what the forum was, other than SIMs related discussion, she told me it's pretty much just a place where a lot of cool people hang out. So I've heard nothing but good things.

Phoenix

6. alapokeygirl

alapokeygirl Very much in LOVE

Welcome to Worlds Phoenix, just join in and have fun!

7. hataz_gon_hate

hataz_gon_hate Be Nice

yea...welcome and some great ideas u have there...

8. Grey

Grey On the edge of Insanity

Here we go......

*cracks nuckles*........*breaks finger* :(

anyway.

I really want to see a teen expansion, basically it would be a case of you have normal family. 2 adults, they have a child, after say 30 gaming days you are given an option for that child to mature to a teenager or stay as a child, you get this option every 30 sim days. The teens are taller than children but still shorter slightly than adults, they are more mature. After 30 sim days you are given another choice, stay as teen or mature to adult and move out to form a new family in the neighberhood, you then play a new family game with that new sim, or just stay as a teen again.

Next, extra options, you could pick up the phone, throw partys, parents get home and ground you, your teen could go out with kids in an ideal groupe or a trouble groupe and some days come home in a cop car, then you get different consequences, this could be a great expansion.

Im getting tired now so ill wright more if i think of anything else.

9. lewdini

lewdini Moderate Sith Lord

that sounds good

10. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

ooh I like the concept of having the option of kids growing into teens, and teens growing into adults and moving out! :D Teens hanging out in ideal or trouble groups sounds fun too! :eek:

11. lewdini

lewdini Moderate Sith Lord

I want bunkbeds!

12. Phoenix Ravenflame

Bunkbeds? Does anybody here think they could just manage tomake bunkbeds as an object for the game? I'm sure we could make a regular bed *look* like a bunkbed, but I'm betting you want one where someone could sleep on the bottom and someone could sleep on the top. Right?

Phoenix

13. Simcity freak

Simcity freak New Member

This a very good idea
    Hers mine you could eithier work for a car for the teen or have thier parents buy it u could eithier go to a used car lot or a new car lot

14. Phoenix Ravenflame

All of these ideas are great... and this is why I'm thinking it might have to be a whole new game. Something that obviously is connected to The Sims, but a whole game all on its own. I mean, can you really put all of this in an expansion? And there's still the whole question of whther parents should be NPCs. If they are, I think it would have to be a seperate game. Then you could have your teen ask their parents for money, but you couldn't control whether the parents say yes or no or how much they give them. I guess a lot of it depends on the focus of the game. Are we talking about focusing on playing with the teens? Or are we talking about still playing regular Sims, just with teens in it? There really is a difference if you think about it.

15. Simcity freak

Simcity freak New Member

I agree with you. alot but i think it could be one or more expansion packs. and if u did ask your parents for money then you would not be able to switch to the parent in tell the transfer is over and the teen would have a sepreate money account it would not combined with the parents.you could view this account by clicking on the teens photo.there would have to be more then one expansion pack because the possiblites are endless.

16. simsnutt

simsnutt New Member

I think this is a great idea. By the way, do the teen girls have menstral cycles in sims2? I was just wondering. But it would be so neat to have just a teen expansion where you could follow them through the day at school. But figuring out what to do with the parents would be hard. I guess you could choose weather to follow the teens to school or the parents to work.