SimCity 4 SimCity 4

Discussion in 'SimCity Legacy' started by ManagerJosh, Jun 24, 2002.

1. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Me to Lew since I'm determined to get it!
    :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:
    Philip. That's really interesting. I breed rabbits first for the purpose of showjumping and that they are sound and nice pets.
    I'd like to talk to your wife some time. May I ask what country you're from?

*hops away*

2. PhilipTarbuck

PhilipTarbuck New Member

Hitcham, Ipswich, Suffolk, England - which is a village near Ipswich. It is not so far from Sweden, really, I am told. We have a neighbour who is from Finland and she and her husband speak Swedish.
    I will ask my wife, but she is absolutely useless at typing.
    They didn't have meetings for showjumping rabbits, did they? So far as I know they don't have them over here.

3. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Yes there is Philip. This sport can be found in Sweden, Norway, Denmark, UK and US. Probably more countries.. but they I don't know anything about. There are even records in high- and longjumping. I can get URL's if your wife is interested.
    Good rabbits for jumping are lops (small ones), Dutch, and crossbreeds. Some other breeds are represented but they're not in majority.
    It's not that far between England - Sweden. I think approx. 2 hrs flight Heathrow_Stockholm.
    :bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny:

I wish I could put jumping rabbits into Unleashed and SC.. That would be fun. :D;):D

4. PhilipTarbuck

PhilipTarbuck New Member

I have talked to my wife. She is terrified of the computer - well, not quite terrified, but not happy. She says the showjumping thing is not in existence right now in the UK but there has been talk about it in "Fur and Feather", which is the magazine that circulates in England for rabbit fanciers. She says that it has, apparently, caught on in the U.S.A.
    I would have thought Poles would have been ok, but they are a bit small.
    There aren't any animals at all in SC4, are there?

5. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

I'm not aware of animals being in SimCity 4 however there is a good chance the Maxis Enginners incorporated into the design. Sorta like you need harmony between how much urban life and rural life.

6. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

I'm not sure at all, but I've read something somewhere about animals and SC4. I wish I could rememeber where and what..

*hops away to search some more*

7. PhilipTarbuck

PhilipTarbuck New Member

I thought that SC4 would be all about the urban and not the rural life. After all there isn't a great deal of decent sized industry in the country - just farms. Where I am only a few animals - mostly crops. Except, of course, at my house, where there are about 50 of them, give or take a few rabbits.

8. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Lol. :bunny: Lot's of bunnies.. :bunny:
    I have 10 rabbits and about 50 guinea pigs. plus 1 cat.....
    Sounds like a nice place to live Philip..

:classic:

9. ManagerJosh

Every City needs its balance though. Too much Forest and Not enough Urban you get complaints...Too much urban and your sims moved out because of too much pollution :eek:

10. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

True.
    It's such long time i played any simcity.. I'm just starting up on 3000 now... haven't had a chance yet. Any advices Josh? :)

11. PhilipTarbuck

PhilipTarbuck New Member

Nina: We have more rabbits, but I don't think that we have any guinea pigs. We have a 19 year old cat and a 17 year old dog. The cat particularly is a pain. She is crying out loudly, very often, whenever she feels like it and she jumps on to shoulders (whether they are covered or not). Yes, she can still jump - sort of.

12. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Lol Philip.
    How typical "catty".... They never understand that their claws actually hurts...
    That's quite an age for a dog. What breed is it?

*grooms her ears*

13. PhilipTarbuck

PhilipTarbuck New Member

What we call here, 'Heinz 57 varieties' - a mongrel, but mostly a lurcher. She is a lovely dog. She was in Battersea dogs home for a few months some years ago and now she will not let me go more than few yards from her. She sleeps in my bed every night, down by my feet.
    We also have a goat - a Golden Gurnsey call Strawberry. She hasn't been mated so we don't get any milk. She is a nice goat but she buts, when given a chance. Generally, though, she reserves that for small people (our grandchildren) who can't retaliate.

14. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Lol Philip.

A butting goat.. hehehe ... poor kids..
    Isn't it nice when you have a dog or cat by your feet at nights. Warm and nice ....

*hops around*

15. reniusa

reniusa New Member

oooo I am so envious Phillip!! I would love to live on a farm like that! We have always lived in town or on the edge. I would have some chickens and a goat, cats, dogs, rabbits, horses, and maybe a cow or two for looks. ;)

16. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Oh sounds great Reni.
    I would love to live on a small farm as well...

:classic:

17. PhilipTarbuck

PhilipTarbuck New Member

We do not live on a farm. We have a perfectly ordinary, ex-council, house in a village in the countryside in Suffolk. It has quite a good sized garden but the whole house is worth around 100,000, which is about the average price in England at present.
    I would like a horse but they cost at least 2,000 a year to run in England and there aren't that many places where you can ride them.

18. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

England is a bit different than Sweden. Here you could never hava goat in your garden, especially a "butting" one. It would probably be considered a "danger for the community" :D

I had a horse once, couldn't afford to keep him ... *sighes*
    A thoroughbreed Arabian out of classical english lines.

But hey!!
    Wasn't this thread supposed to be about SC4? :classic:

:bunny: :bunny:

19. ManagerJosh

As for the advice Nina, Keep a balance of City, Forest, and open space.

20. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Thanks Josh!!

*hugs*