Troubleshooting Sims 2 Double Deluxe Problem

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by JOHNRKO007, Aug 12, 2008.

1. JOHNRKO007

JOHNRKO007 New Member

Sims 2 Double Deluxe Problem

I just reciently installed Sims 2 Double Deluxe and when i played the game the walls were flashing red, i checked into the problem and it told me my graphics card was too low well i also went to a site called canitrun the site analizes the system requirments with you computer to see if it can play on my pc well i checked the Double Deluxe's Sims 2 base and Nightlife and they say theyre playable on my pc but when i check the final thing with the package which is Celebration stuff and it says i cant play the game because i dont have lighting and transform on my card......

is there a way to get rid of the celebration stuff on my cpu so i will be able to play the game without much trouble?

Cause i really dont want to pay for a new graphics card.

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

You should be able to play Sims 2 even without T&L support.

Could you upload the results from dxdiag?

Start > Run > Dxdiag

save/export the information and upload the text file.

3. JOHNRKO007

JOHNRKO007 New Member

i know i can but what happens is that i get the red flashign walls it get annoying you know what i mean is there a way to get rid of the stuff pack if i have to i will play with the red walls then they dont look all that bad anyway just the game lagging and slow pefromence.......

4. DrBananaCampbell

DrBananaCampbell New Member

i have the same problem

i have also just recently bought the sims 2 double deluxe and it i too have the same problem with the walls. everytime i go into a house, the walls are always flashing red :mad:. after a while this is gonna hurt my eyes:eek:! i need help as to why this is happening and how do i stop it?
    sadly, as i do not know a lot about computers, i dont know what's wrong with the game or the computer at all! i have a fujitsu siemens laptop.
    is it the card or something? i really dont want to buy a new card or any new equipment.
    plz just help me!:(

5. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Dr. Campbell:

If you would submit a dxdiag report, it would aid us in helping you a lot. I couldn't help the person earlier because my previous request was ignored.

6. DrBananaCampbell

DrBananaCampbell New Member

System Information
    ------------------
    Time of this report: 9/29/2008, 20:46:59
    Machine name: OWNER-B3B148599
    Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.070227-2254)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: FUJITSU SIEMENS
    System Model: AMILO PRO V2030
    BIOS: Ver 1.00PARTTBL(
    Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) M processor 1.50GHz
    Memory: 190MB RAM
    Page File: 330MB used, 133MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

i think this is it....?
    if not plz say

7. Fallon409

Fallon409 New Member

Having the same problem.

The walls are flashing red, and I'm afraid my sims will turn into serial killers or something! Help!

------------------
    System Information
    ------------------
    Time of this report: 10/21/2008, 10:10:14
    Machine name: COMPUTER-EE1945
    Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_qfe.070719-1309)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Dell Computer Corporation
    System Model: Dimension 4550
    BIOS: Default System BIOS
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz
    Memory: 512MB RAM
    Page File: 215MB used, 1033MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode:confused:

8. Nieko

Nieko New Member

Registration Problem (The Sims 2: Double Deluxe)

Ok, I go to "TheSims2" website, I get through everything untill the very end, The part where you type in your Registration code, Well I typed it in the first time exactly how it looks like, It said it couldn't recognize it :confused: , The second time I typed it in I switched the CAPS on, didn't work :( . Third and so on untill I gave up on my 13th try :( . It never worked :mad: . So I'm wanting to solve this problem extremely bad, I must register my sims game before they quit supporting it on there website :( . "I just got last week after the 4 years its been out or longer". :cry: