Sims 2 Folder Empty?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by ashbernie311, Jan 26, 2007.

1. ashbernie311

ashbernie311 New Member

Sims 2 Folder Empty?

Hello all- hoping you can help me with this. I have played TS2 for a while on my power mac, and it's been great. No problems. I have all of the sims for mac, and nothing has gone wrong. I haven't changed the permissions, or done anything that should have caused this, but today my Sims 2 folder is empty?! I cannot start my game...there is no icon to click to run it- I even tried reinstalling Pets to see if that would bring anything back...of course the download folder and custom stuff is still there, but in the Applications main "The Sims 2" Folder, it's all gone :(. Can someone please direct me?

I do believe I dragged the icon to the dock at one point (and later removed it), but that shouldn't have taken it out of the applications, should it? I'm new to Mac (and I love it)- but I'm still a bit lost and confused on this. If dragging it to the dock may have caused it, how do I get it back?

Thanks in advance!
    -Ashley

2. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

Hmmm - The only thing I can think of is that when you were moving the icon out to the doc and back, you somehow accidentally moved the actual application somewhere else.

Basically, you should have two Sims 2 Folders - One in the Applications section (Which is the wmpty folder, if I'm reading your post correctly) and one in the Documents section, where your Downloads folder is.
    The Documents Sims 2 folder should also contain your Neighborhood files, Lot Files, etc. Before messing around with anything, I would back up the Documents Sims 2 folder...That is where all of your custom content and Game play has been saved.

I would then try a Spotlight Search for Sims 2, and see if you can locate the Application and it's related files. If you can't find the application files, You will probably have to re-install the game. JUST MAKE SURE YOU HAVE BACKED-UP THE SIMS 2 DOCUMENT FOLDER! Make sure your back-up is NOT where the original folder was. (Put it on an external hard-drive, burn it to a CD, or at the very least place it on the desktop!)

Once you have reinstalled, you can then copy your Game Data files (from your back-up copy) back into their appropriate files in the Sims 2 Document folder.

As long as your Document Sims 2 files are intact and backed up, you shouldn't lose any of your save games - even after a reinstall!