Troubleshooting Sims 2 Graphics Problems

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by PokeyStix, Oct 30, 2008.

1. PokeyStix

PokeyStix New Member

Sims 2 Graphics Problems

Hey, I have Sims 2, Uni, Nightlife, Christmas Party Pack and Bon Voyage, and my PC meets the minimum requirements to run Sims 2.

When I boot up, it works fine, up until I start playing the game. I know my PC can handle the highest graphics requirements, so I max out all of them, but the graphics quality still isn't that high.

My PC's normal resolution is 1280x1024, so I run the Sims 2 in that resolution, and the weird thing is, sometimes the graphics look really nice, but then suddenly certain items are really low quality. Like in the Create-A-Sim screen the graphics would be really nice, but then the paintings are all blurry in the background. And then I'd change from Step 2 to Step 3 and the texture quality on the sim's clothes and face would randomly look really horrible.

So I tried changing the resolution and remarkably, the problem changed. However, when I put the resolution all the way down to 1024x780 the texture quality's better, but not at it's best, edges are sharper and uglier, and things look generally less pretty.

HELP PLEASE, I wanna run the game without a hitch at 1280x1024 but it's never pretty enough!