Sims 2 Preview CD-ROM at McDonald's in Atlanta??

Discussion in 'The Sims 1' started by simsgrey, Jan 27, 2004.

1. simsgrey

simsgrey New Member

Sims 2 Preview CD-ROM at McDonald's in Atlanta??

Have you guys heard of the new LidRock / Sims 2 in Atlanta McDonald's?
    It's a cool new CD-ROM that comes in the lid of large drinks and has a
    bunch of new The Sims 2 stuff including the new DNA/Genetics.
    It also has behind the scenes exclusive video of the creators of Sims.

And it has 3 new character skins for the original Sims:
    Jock, Rocker and conservative girl.

Apparently you can only get this at Atlanta area McDonald's locations.
    Anyone know anything else?

2. Lola

Lola New Member

Well I know you can't get them in Canada, but it says on the LidRock site that they are out in McDonalds resteraunts today, Jan. 26, and I thought you could get them anywhere in the US. It sounds pretty cool, if anyone finds them on the internet, could you post where you found it so us non-US residents can get it to?? :0)

3. altec_tech

altec_tech New Member

OMG ARE YOU SERIOUS IT IS ONLY IN ATLANTA?!?!? OMG!!!

Anyone know anything else about this.... if it is only in Atlanta, someone please host a site and upload it so we may download the content of the CD. Thank you.

4. Lola

Lola New Member

I found this on the Sims Resource:

E-Mail From LidRock |2004-01-27|Comments: 12
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Written by Kya

I decided to e-mail LidRock about the Sims 2 promotion at McDonald's and Kate Solley was kind enough to reply. I had asked where the lids were being sold and she verified that The Sims 2 preview disc is only being sold at participating McDonald's in the Atlanta area.

For those (like myself) that don't live in or around Atlanta, Kate recommended checking eBay for them, as they've been known to pop up there!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So it's true...you can only get them from McDonalds in Atlanta

Edit: I also found this in a post under the previous one by Kya:

Heres some more info for everyone: Thank you for your interest in the LidRock Network, a Convex Group property. A this time we are running a Sims2 LidRock program in Atlanta area McDonald's locations. The Sims2 LidRock features an exclusive sneak peak of the Sims2, all new Sims game items and an all new Sims Bustin' Out cheat code. Unfortunately, this LidRock program is not available in Washington. I would urge you to check eBay and Sims message boards in the coming weeks, as most LidRock discs do become available through these websites upon conclusion of the program. Again, thank you for your interest and stay tuned to www.LidRock.com for the latest news and information regarding the LidRock Network. Sincerely, The Convex Group -rovaira

*sigh* So I don't know where it's available...hopefully on the net soon!:p :p

5. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

hmmm did you copy and paste that? I'm noticing there is a typo, a misspelled word... which makes me wonder if it was just copied and retyped, or if it was originally written by someone who wasn't professional enough to proofread? I'm going to have to look this up and see if I can find more sources saying it's real!! :p

edit- OK I did a search and found a link to this article:
    http://www.lidrock.com/pr_forbes.pdf

It looks like this is a new way to advertise through demos and previews, so they're only starting with a small area to test it. I'm guessing if it's successfull you won't have to worry about finding them on ebay because usually once large companies like this have a successful test run they spread out to try it in larger and larger areas. :)

And here's a url where you can read what exactly is on the mini disc:

http://www.lidrock.com/program-sims.htm

6. Vchat20

Vchat20 New Member

well, i sure think this would be an awesome idea. get my usual big mac value meal and get a ts2 preview cd for free. that to me sounds like a hit. i would definitely see this becoming mainstream and just hope it is soon.