Troubleshooting Sims 2 Prob - NO Neighborhoods ?!

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by WeThePeople, Dec 18, 2004.

1. WeThePeople

WeThePeople New Member

Sims 2 Prob - NO Neighborhoods ?!

I am having a problem with the Sims 2 game that doesn't show up in EA support, forums, or elsewhere searchable on the net by Vivisimo.
    http://vivisimo.com/
    Vivisimo is like google, but instead of just hurling thousands and thousands of endless links at you it collates them into clickable presorted catagories in a left frame. :) !

1 - I pop a clean image of an OS onto a drive (with Ghost V8.0 Commercial) that has the latest updates and drivers, in my case either Win-ME (with all the crud turned off...) or Win-XP SP-3.

2 - I install from my store bought four CD set ($29.95 after rebate on Amazon btw), or my DL'd USA or Interntional DVD test set (without internet access connected of course).

3 - In the case of the later two test sets, I install any emulation software (Dameon, etc.) only after the game is installed, or use the latest Money-DVD No-DVD patch that is confirmed to work with the International DVD.

I start my legitimate CD game or the other two test ones and I get in OK, but their is NO NEIGHBORHOODS. just the choice to make a custom one and that is empty of any objects too. :(
    I have only one PC so I cannot test this on another, but I have various vid cards and thats not the prob (All the latest drivers and V9.0C Redistributable...). A command-line switch that was available in Sims 1 has been tested to steer to my seperately installed neighborhoods in the default folders under "My Documents" (-NGH: Path....) with no luck. I have tested other command lines switches like "Windowed Mode" (-W) and it takes them but alas I cannot find a confirmed command-line switch list on EA or elsewhere (Wah..)

No, the neighborhood files are not Read-Only

Any ideas here? This seems like a new prob doesn't it?

Note: As I am eligable for actual tech support I have tried numurous times but I'm sick or auto-responses and really lame suggestions from the tech support staff.... The Support site recommends deleting the "My Documents" set fully and they will rebuild upon restarting the game, but neglect to tell you if that advice is for Sims 1 AND/OR 2 !

Note: I only resorted to the 2 other test sets to confirm/deny I had bad CD media ...

2. mars1887

mars1887 New Member

I am having the same trouble? Did you ever find a answer to fix thisi problem
    Thanks Marla