Troubleshooting Sims 2 University not dowloading??

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by paprika00801, Sep 17, 2006.

1. paprika00801

paprika00801 New Member

Sims 2 University not dowloading??

I have been trying to install the Sims University but everytime I try I get the message "A problem occurred when trying to transfer the file 'k:/autorun/autorun.bmp' from the media." It then asks if asks if you would like to retry copying the file or cancel installation. It was previously downloaded to my computer but had to be reinstalled. I currently have Open for Business, Family Stuff and Glamour Life installed. I would like some assistance with this matter. Thank you.

2. SolidSnake_19

SolidSnake_19 Senior Moderator

I'm a little confused with your use of "It was previously downloaded to my computer but had to be reinstalled"... Do you mean you actually downloaded the game off of the internet, or do you just mean download/install from an official CD copy?

Because if it's from the former (internet download) that could be why it's not working.

3. paprika00801

paprika00801 New Member

No, I didn't download the game from a site. I have the official game, which was previously installed. I had to delete/reinstall all the other games to another computer and because of the problems w/ University I figured the disc was probably scratched.

4. Shintoga

Shintoga Student of Simlish

I wish a million times people wouldn't substitute 'Downlaod' for 'Install'. They're completely different things, people!!! :mad: