Troubleshooting Sims 2 virtual cd help!

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by ekay27, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ekay27

ekay27 New Member

Sims 2 virtual cd help!

Hi! I'm not new to the Sims but i'm kinda new to forums and fancy computer stuff but a friend suggested i try a forum and this one looked the best.

I need some advice.... My sister and I have bought all of the sims2 games together and now i am going to college. No problem it thought, i would just download the one that i could take and go with the disk. Wrong. After downloading all of them my sister and i find that we both need the same cd to opperate the sims 2 apartment life (because this is the latest cd). So i've been trying to mount a virtual cd on my computer. I've been using MagicISO Virtual CD/DVD Manager to burn the cd onto my computer. We have all of the legit copies and serial numbers. After i copied the cd iso image and try to run it it says: "Conflict with Emulation Software detected". Has anyone else ran into this?? Any suggestions?

I also read on a forum that i should try to go into my registry editor and look at the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE to see if there are drivers that are being blocked but when i look into that folder the only thing i see is (ab) Defalt (type) REG_SZ (data) value not set.

I hope this makes sense to someone! Thankyouthankyouthankyou!

2. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

The game has this error due to the game being mounted as an ISO image. I am not too familar with the T&Cs but I'm sure that playing the game while its being used on multiple PCs is forbidden however rather than force you to piracy and the possibility of viruses and trojans, I would recommend installing the games on both PCs and then buying another copy of AL so you can play the game on both PCs.

3. ekay27

ekay27 New Member

Good plan. Thanks!

4. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

You can say thanks to Securom for your problem!

5. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

You have bought all the games, but only licenses for those within the same house. If you go away to college, you would be committing software piracy to figure out a way to play it without having your own disc. That's why they have to put things like Securom on things: so that people won't try to defraud them by making virtual copies of the game when they don't own the proper licenses. (You cannot share a license outside of a single house.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.