Sims 2 Whitesheets

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by ManagerJosh, Aug 4, 2003.

1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Sims 2 Whitesheets

Here's the latest data gathered about The Sims 2:

3D environment - The Sims 2 has a completely redesigned graphics core enhancing details, images, and shading.

Animations - Animations have been redone with the graphics core to provide a smoother view

Building Options - Architects can create mountains, build multiple story homes, with basements, put doors and windows on diagonal walls. Other new features include: bridges over water, raised porches/threshold, (No more ground level only front porches and back decks).

Calendar - The calendar system uses a weekly timeframe instead of a monthly timeframe.

Cameras - You are now able to view a room from any angle you choose (helps with furniture arrangement :D (Thanks to The Sims Console Editions)

Careers - For adult sims, there wi.ll be 18 careers, with 10 levels each. For teen and old sims there will be 7 careers, with 3 levels each. Also elderly sims will receive a pension upon retiring.

Child Care - Parents are now able to hire babysitters to watch their children while going to work. Careful though, Maxis must have a catch to this (like you have a more rebellious child when you grow up)

Diaries - Create video as well as screenshot diaries of your sims life.

DNA and Genetics - DNA, and genetics will be a big part of The Sims 2 passing on generational genes in game play. Your sim parents will now pass on traits down to their children. Things such as, eye color, body size, and hair color are able to be passed down, as well as some career skills. Though something I would disagree is personality and career skills being passed down through genetics since it technically hasn't been proven in real life science.

"Exotic" Characters - The Sims 2 will be able to create Aliens and Elves, as your little sim people.

Family - The largest your household can become is 8. In The Sims 2 you can be created in all ages groups, except infant, in the create-a-sim area. So you could start out with an adult, teenager and toddler if you wanted.

Family Tree - Yes now the generation will be kept track of by a photo family tree, that you'll be able to access with a few simple clicks.

Leaving the house - The only option to leave the home right now, is to send your sims to their second home, which you can also create. However a communial area is being considered (probably will be an expansion pack if a communial area is decided).

Life cycle - You'll now follow your sims from birth to death, and through 6 stages of life. They include infant, toddler, child, teen, adult, and old age.

Life Moments and Big Decisions - These will effect your life score, and also have an effect on your sim as they get older. Some of these included: Toilet training, first step, first kiss, first crush, getting a job, getting married and ahem a few other personal items.

Life Score - this is the score with which you can judge how well a sim is being played. This also effects interactions available to that sim.

List of new objects (Some are not confirmed) - There will be 500 new objects in TS2 including: in ground hot tub, corner shower, polygraph machine (one of many career reward objects), Large telescope for star gazing or neighbor peeping, T.V. video game system, playpen, childrens' building blocks, various other childrens' toys. (Thanks to the WorldSims Members who assembled a pretty good list)

Motives (the new ones) - 2 new motive will be added, thirst and mind, and social motive will be split into two separate ones, friends and family.

Multi-tasking - your sims will now be able to do things such as get and eat popcorn while watching t.v, sit on the floor while playing video games.

Neighborhood - You will be able to choose the size and placement of all lots in the neighborhood. Another mention is that as your families expand, so will your neighborhood. There will be 50 lots in the neighborhood.

Object Customization - There is now in game customizing of objects, but only the fabric style, not the shape, or size. Object creating tools will be included to create new objects with.

Other Options - Choice to breast feed or bottle feed babies, teens may "play" but not have babies, Adult sims will have the option to move out, and start a family of their own.

Pets - No there will not be any pets in The Sims 2....yet.

Weather - There will be as far as is known now: Rain, thunder, lightening, sun set/rise.

2. mattho

mattho New Member

Thank you Josh, nice info.

3. Enjoji

Enjoji New Member

Yeah, thanks a lot, Josh - that was great! I'm really excited about an object-creating tool being sent with the game so you could create new objects:) . That's the first time I've heard of that! I can't wait:D

4. simsamgrl16

simsamgrl16 New Member

nether can i! :) :D ;)

5. lilfaeriegirl078

lilfaeriegirl078 New Member

man i cant wait! and the time seems to go pretty fast!! i mean heck, ive got school starting in just ten days!!!! ill be soo wrapped up in it that the sims 2 will be here in noooooo time!!! i hope its the same for everyone else. i just hope im on here as much when school starts up!

6. mattho

mattho New Member

Schools on now, but I still find time to read these boards. :D

7. simsamgrl16

simsamgrl16 New Member

school starts sept 4 for me

8. lilfaeriegirl078

august 14th here and omg u can create ur own objects? thats sooooo cool

9. SolidSnake_19

SolidSnake_19 Senior Moderator

Thanks for the info, Josh. :)
    That game is starting to look better and better.
    I wonder if your Sims can get zapped by lightning...? :p

10. lilfaeriegirl078

yeah they can u can see it in one of the screenshots. very amusing actually in a sadistic sort of way. hehe

11. mattho

mattho New Member

Yeppers, just look at the realism ;)

Whoever goes out to the hot-tub outside in a thunderstorm, has got to know the consequences :D

12. simsamgrl16

simsamgrl16 New Member

the lightning was very..*coughhilariouscough* tragic O:) im an *coughangelcough* lol...NOT evil...EVOL!!!!lol

13. lilfaeriegirl078

it was esp amusing after when all the sims went outside to gawk at the charred body

14. Jake

Jake New Member

lol, now thats funny :p

nice info josh... learned some new things. perhaps should be in news area tho? just a thought..

15. SolidSnake_19

SolidSnake_19 Senior Moderator

So they can get hit by lightning? Lol. :LOL:
    I should invite some neighbours over to the Sims' house and tell them to get in the hot tub. :D

16. simsamgrl16

simsamgrl16 New Member

17. Sasile

Sasile New Member

*is shocked* thats NOT a nice thing to do snake! lol

*is never going over to snake's house and is especially NEVER getting into a hottub around him* lol ;)

18. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

See snake, some people still think you're a he. You have to change it to snakie or snakess or maybe snakette. Then there would be no doubt.

The new info is appreciated. Thanx.

19. caseyboy1977

caseyboy1977 New Member

The more I hear about this game the harder it is to wait patiently for it!!!

20. caseyboy1977

caseyboy1977 New Member

snake, don't worry about people mistaking you. I am a girl and consantly get picked on for my screen name. It's just that I love my puppy and that's his name. Go figure.