Troubleshooting Sims 3 Crash...

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by kitkat_90, Jun 21, 2010.

1. kitkat_90

kitkat_90 New Member

Sims 3 Crash...

Hi,

I have The Sims 3 Game, and I tried installing it on my laptop (windows vista) and it installed fine, then It asks me to install updates - which I do, then when the EA screen shows up, and I click play I get as far as the "sunset ..." screen to play and it begins to load then instantly crashes completely... What can I do to change this?! I changed the optimal res on my laptop slightly, don't know if that'll help? It works fine on a windows 7 laptop... Can you help?

2. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

Are the specs of the laptops the same or close to one another?
    Just so you know (and not trying to sound mean or spiteful) just because it installed doesn't mean it will run the game.
    Games use to be like that when you installed them it would pop up a message telling you it wouldn't work.
    I would suggest you reinstall the game and NOT install any updates until you've verified that the game will run.
    If you're running Aero on your Vista laptop you turn it off and try then .
    Aero takes too much power away from the graphics (especially weak laptop chipsets) and trying to run it and the game simply won't work.
    You might post your dxdiag so we can look and see if it will run or not .
    Click the start button and in the search box type in dxdiag and click ok.
    when the green bar fills up the meter click the save all info button at the bottom and save it to your desktop.
    Copy and paste the top paragraph and the display adapter info text into your reply or better yet attach the text file to your reply so we can look at it and tell you if it will work or not.