Troubleshooting sims 3 crashed again

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by hurdlesquash, Jun 7, 2009.

1. hurdlesquash

hurdlesquash New Member

sims 3 crashed again

My game crashes within 5 minutes fo playing and just shuts down my computer complete.
    my dxdiag is attached and i am confused as to why the game keeps shutting down on me.

background:
    the game installs, and i bought it from the store. please help

Attached Files:

2. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

Did you recently install this driver ?
    If you did , did you do a complete uninstall of the old driver before installing the new driver?
    I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work but another person on here had problems like this with this driver!

3. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

Is the computer turning completely off or restarting?

4. hurdlesquash

hurdlesquash New Member

it is completely turning off. and i do not know which driver you are referring to.

5. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Have you made any recent upgrades to the computer?

6. hurdlesquash

hurdlesquash New Member

Not that I know of

7. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Well the only thoughts I have at the moment to why your computer could be mysteriously shutting down is that your computer could be overheating and part of its defensive measures would be to shut down immediately. Check to see if you have adequate ventilation around your computer. If you're uncertain, and you can open your tower, open it up and run your game. If your computer doesn't shut down, then likely you are overheating.

8. swmeek

Open up the case and check all your vents and fans to make sure they're not all gunked up with dust.
    You leave the side off like Josh said and take a small fan and point it at the insides and let it blow on the motherboard and see if it still shuts it self down.

9. Flameback777

Pretty rare not to open up a tower and not find plenty of dust. :p
    Grab a can of compressed air and blow out all the dust sitting in heatsinks and on chips.

Another possibility is your PSU is being overloaded when the GPU starts using a ton of juice.

10. swmeek

Whatever you do do not use a vacuum cleaner to suck out any dust you might find!

11. Flameback777

Yes, static electricity is bad. :p

12. Greenie

Greenie New Member

Sims 3 crashing for me too...

Hi

I am having the same problem. I have recently upgraded my graphics card to a Powercolor ATI x1650 AGP Video Card and added 512MB RAM - all quite a new experience for me. Game was running smoothly for the first couple of days but now it immediately crashes after selecting a saved game to play.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers for the new card - as far as I can tell I have uninstalled the drivers for the old card correctly.

Could someone take a look at my dxdiag to see if i've missed anything?

Thanks heaps. :)

Attached Files:

13. Flameback777

Your driver is from 2008, try this 2009 copy.Download option 1 and run the setup.
    Try create a new save game and see if that crashes or not also. It may be the old save has become corrupt.