Troubleshooting Sims 3 Crashes to Desktop

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by thatgirl0702, Jan 2, 2010.

1. thatgirl0702

thatgirl0702 New Member

Sims 3 Crashes to Desktop

Ok, so i got the game on halloween. it worked fine for the first week, even after i got custom content and mods installed. Then one day it just crashed. i went to a few sites and eventually just reset my comp settings to a certain day (i have vista). and it worked again. about a week later it stopped working. i tried to do the same things as before but nothing has worked i've tried just about everything i could find to fix it. but its still not working. it gets to the main loading screen and then crashes. i went to a site that checks your comp to make sure it has the requirements to run the game and it says mine does. so i have no idea what the problem is now and i have deleted all of my custom content. so any help would be great. thanx.

2. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

please post your dxdiag report so we can see your computer specs.
    Those sites that check your computer to see if it will run are not always right.
    Also if you're running an Nvidia based graphics there is a driver that causes the game to crash at start up.
    With Vista go to the search box and type in dxdiag
    Once it 's done running click the button at the bottom that says "save all information" , it ask you where so pick someplace like your desktop where you can find it easily.
    When you're done click the Reply to thread so you can attach the dxdiag report to your post.
    Look for the "manage attachments" below the box you type your reply in and attach it to your reply.

3. thatgirl0702

thatgirl0702 New Member

dxdiag

Here It Is.

Attached Files:

4. swmeek

It's hard to say actually .
    The 8200 you have for a graphics chip isn't the best but it should play.
    When you use your laptop is it in your lap or do you use it on a table/desk?
    When it shuts down feel the laptop and see if it's gets really hot.
    If it is that could be a reason why it's shutting down.
    When it reaches it's safety temperature the laptop will just shut down.
    You might look at the vents underneath and make sure they're clean of any dust.
    If it does feel really hot a laptop cooling stand is the best route to go but do not pay over $20 U.S. for it.
    Look for one with one big fan or better yet 2 fans that force air up into the laptop.
    Do you know if you're running Aero along with the game ?
    If you are it's a big drain on the graphics as well and might cause it shut down too.
    Google "Shutting off Aero" and turn it off or make sure it's turned off.
    It might look nice while you're surfing the web or whatever but not while gaming on a poor performance graphics chip like what you have .
    Try those options and see if it helps.

5. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

Not overheating else the entire computer would shut down. Just the TS3 process is crashing.

6. thatgirl0702

thatgirl0702 New Member

Yea. it only shuts the game down.

7. thatgirl0702

thatgirl0702 New Member

i've heard that the files that have my comp name on them in the sims 3 file location after the game crashes, could help tell what the problem is...is it true? because i could post them on here tomorrow..

8. swmeek

You might try posting them here and we can look at them but there may or may not be anything that we'd notice.

9. thatgirl0702

thatgirl0702 New Member

the crash files

Here they are... ones from today and one from the 2nd...says which is which in the name

Attached Files:

10. kamrinjacobs

kamrinjacobs New Member

I used to have this problem along with elongated things and I bought a new video card, and it was fixed.