Troubleshooting Sims 3 crashes

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by raynesonyx, Jul 20, 2009.

1. raynesonyx

raynesonyx New Member

Sims 3 crashes

:confused:I am frustrated to no end with my game it worked fine Friday when I shut my computer down and when I try to launch the game Monday morning it won't load. I keep getting a missing DasmX86dll.dll file message (in the documents>Electronic Arts>Sims 3 folder). I tried replacing DasmX86dll.dll file. I tried reinstalling the Sims 3, I tried updating all my drivers (Dell did not make this easy for me btw) and it still crashes without an error message just poof gone back to my desktop or it will freeze (It goes through the initial load fine but when you load a family it goes non-responsive) and does not come back up (even after I’ve waited up to 30 minutes). I have no custom content installed either. I have a cooling stand/rack with a fan so it’s not over heating. I attached my DxDiag file. I am at my whit's end. I have been fighting with this for 12 hours now to no avail. If anyone can help I will love you forever... If not I see a sledge hammer then a bon fire in this crappy laptops future. :eek:gre:

Attached Files:

2. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

I don't see that particular dll file in my system but then I'm running XP and I don't see any dll files under the documents/electronics arts/sims 3 folder either.
    Are you sure the file goes in there and not in the program files/electronic art/sims3/game fiolder?
    I see several dll files in that folder for me .

3. raynesonyx

raynesonyx New Member

It's a Windows Vista (32bit Home Premium) dll file and it says that it should be in the Windows root folder so that's where I put it. According to the error report that I get in my EA folder any way. I just really don't want to reinstall Vista again (I've had to do it 5 times since I got this laptop, never buy a DELL laptop, they SUCK). I found a whole lot of issues with Spore (another EA game) corrupting this file as well but nothing on the Sims 3 doing it...As always EA is of no help.