Troubleshooting Sims 3- Crashing

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by Jaybee331, Jun 5, 2009.

1. Jaybee331

Jaybee331 New Member

Sims 3- Crashing

I just got my game today and ofcourse its not working. My laptop always likes to give me problems anyways. It loads up the game and Im able to select the neighborhood and it gets about a third of the way through loading the neighborhood before it stops and goes back to my desktop. Any help would be appreciated and thank you ahead of time. And I wont cry if you say I need a different computer, that might actually be a happy thing...

Attached Files:

2. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

I would suggest that you turn off Aero if you're running it.
    Also I would go over to Toshiba's website or wherever you get you system updates and see if you have the latest video driver for your laptop.
    It might work as I've seen some posts on another forum of the game playing on other unsupported video chipsets.
    Your specs are fine except for the Intel chipset you have but it's specs may be enough to play on low settings.

3. Jaybee331

Jaybee331 New Member

I guess I should have said I dont know lots of hardcore computer lingo. Whats aero? And my computer usually updates anything automatically so I have never gone to Toshiba's website for help. It's just really frustrating.

4. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Aero is the fancy Windows Vista transparent, shiny, user interface. How long have you had the Toshiba Laptop? :)

5. swmeek

Yes it's hard on weaker graphics cards as it is and even worse trying to play a game on it as well!

6. Jaybee331

Jaybee331 New Member

I bought this laptop in August of '07. Its a Toshiba Satellite P205S6337. I went on Intel's website like you suggested to someone else to download a new driver and it worked, and I got as far as creating my Sim this time and then the computer gave me the blue screen of death and restarted and now it wont load the game again.

7. swmeek

The 945 chipset doesn't show on the supported list so you may want to go over to Ea's support line and see if it is supported or not.
    Although I've already heard about another unsupported video card working when it shouldn't have.

8. Jaybee331

Jaybee331 New Member

So if I do need another video chip, I would pretty much definitely need to have someone install it for me? Like, theres no external device I could use? Blah, I think its just time for a Mac...

9. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

It's a laptop so you're pretty much stuck. There are no external video cards powerful enough to sustain gaming level graphics.