Troubleshooting sims 3 freezes

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by jackmarc, Jul 28, 2009.

1. jackmarc

jackmarc New Member

sims 3 freezes

Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600)
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) M Processor 1.73GHz
    Memory: 1016MB RAM
    Page File: 372MB used, 2068MB available
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
    Card name: Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS, 910GML Express
    Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
    Chip type: Intel(R) 915GM/GMS, 910GML Express Chipset
    Display Memory: 128.0 MB
    Sims 3
    Randomly after I click on something the screen will freeze up, but I can still move the mouse around I just can't click on anything. Within a minute the screen turns black and goes back to my desktop but all the icons and everything are very zoomed in. I've tried doing ctrl alt delete but that doesn't work so I have to manually restart the computer. This also happened with Sims 2 but I'm using a different computer this time. Help please! :(

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Did you get the newest set of patches from EA today? Please also post a complete dxdiag too :)

3. Valentine

Valentine Scottish Gamer

By the looks of it, your system is not capable of running The Sims 3. Try clicking here and select The Sims 3. You will need to turn off your pop-up blocker off. You will then be prompted to download something (it explains it on the website). Download it, and you will get the results in a matter of seconds. It will tell you if your system is capable of running the game, or if not, it will detail what part of the computer cannot, like your processor.

If you get the results back and you CAN run The Sims 3, then all I can say is is may be your graphics card as it's a shared graphics card. Your better off having a dedicated graphics card so that your computer doesn't need to run that as well as all other functions.

Val.

4. ManagerJosh

I really don't like that website to be honest. That website is such a pain because it's told too many people wrong information. I sincerely distrust that website.

5. Valentine

Valentine Scottish Gamer

I have only used it a few times, but I know what you mean. It's the fact that you need to download something. It seems.....all to convenient for hackers, but all is well with my computer.

I'm not sure about the wrong information. I've never noticed it if it has. We can only hope it's at least 90% accurate!

Val.

6. ManagerJosh

I'd argue it's told too many people that they can run sims 3 when they legitimately can't while it's told too many people they can't run sims 3 when they legitimately can.

7. Valentine

Valentine Scottish Gamer

Possibly. I think it compares it to when the computer was new. As in no memory being used up apart from system data, so regardless of what you have on the computer, if you've used all available memory on the hard-drive, it'll only tell you if the computer is capable of running it, just not in it's current state.

8. jackmarc

jackmarc New Member

So what should I do then since that website isn't accurate?

9. Valentine

Valentine Scottish Gamer

I think you should give it a go anyway. You've nothing to lose.

Val.

10. Poli

Poli New Member

Problem is, that the site dosn't have Sims3 on it, it just has the SimsCity.
    Still, is there another way to solve that problem? :confused:

11. ManagerJosh

If both of you would please post up a dxdiag report, it would be most helpful.

12. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

Also Poli, that site does have TS3 on it, look for THE Sims 3.