How Do I SIMS 3 keeps shutting off. HELP ME PLEASE ?!?!?!

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by Sherry, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Sherry

Sherry New Member

SIMS 3 keeps shutting off. HELP ME PLEASE ?!?!?!

Hello, I would appreciate any guidance that can be offered. Lately I can not run my SIMS 3. It openes up, I'm in for a few mins. then it just shuts off. I receive a resolution notification via Intel Graphics Media Aaccelerator... stating that the optimal resolution is 1366x768. My resolution is set to 1366x768, 32 bit (I also tried 16bit), refresh rate 60Hz. The resolution is set the same for the game, except color depth is not an option. I do not know what else to do. If anyone can shed some light on this I would be ever so greatful.:happy:

Thank you

2. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

Hi Sherry !
    Welcome to the forums by the way.
    By shutting off do you mean the game dies by black screen or blue screen?
    We would need your dxdiag report to understand and give advice to your situation.
    Click this link and follow the instructions to provide your basic system info.
    Just a guess but if it's crashing like you say then there's the possibility that your computer isn't up to par on being able to run the game.
    Also are you running just the base game or any expansions?

3. arman20

arman20 New Member

Hellooo...I'm Raven. Nice to meet you all guys. I hope we can be friend

4. RSBrewer

RSBrewer New Member

i'm also having the same problem on two different computers in getting the game to play for my daughter, the laptop lets the game play for 30 minutes or so and blue screens with a message saying the hardware installed is not being accpeted and to contact and administrater, the home pc will install it all the way to the end of the bar progress screen only to say the file will not install, i've tried several times on both computers and still have the same outcome, in the past we have had several sims games installed on the home pc and never had any problems but this game seems to be more graphic, should we consider an additional device for the game? if so what would be recommended...

5. swmeek

Could you please post the dxdiag reports of both computers?
    This will help us immensely.
    With the laptop it could be it's overheating, do you by chance use a laptop cooling pad?
    Better yet check all the vents and make sure they're not plugged up with dust or lint or anything.
    With the file not installing it could be that the system requirements aren't enough to run the game.
    Instructions are here on uploading a dxdiag .
    http://www.simprograms.com/the-sims...o-see-if-your-computer-can-handle-the-sims-3/
    Scroll down to where you see this-How do I find my system’s information?

6. RSBrewer

RSBrewer New Member

i've been reading some post here and they have been helpful, i believe the laptop problem is the fact it's laying on a blanket when she plays the game, we'll check that tonight, i also will check the NVIDIA site out for update and the removal of cache files in the drive it's downloading, if no luck with these suggestions i'll give you the two reports and see what else can be done...

7. swmeek

yes playing the laptop on something like a bed or blanket is bad for the laptop because it can't draw up through the vents on the bottom.
    For around $20USD you can get a cheap laptop cooling stand which will help it's shelf life greatly.
    For the laptop you may need to go to the laptop's manufacturer's website for those display drivers.

8. aprilrain

aprilrain New Member

Please can anyone help me my Sims3 keeps shutting off. I have the expansion pack Late Night also. Sometime it will play for about a 1/2 hour and if Im lucky a hour. I also have some custom content downloaded.

Attached Files: