Troubleshooting Sims 3 lost personality traits and skills

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by Rhoslyn01, Dec 30, 2009.

1. Rhoslyn01

Rhoslyn01 New Member

Sims 3 lost personality traits and skills

With my recent purchase of Sims 3 adventures, I can no longer create sims with personality traits and skills. in fact, all my previously created sims, no longer can increase their skills or get better at anything. Does anyone know how I can fix this? Thanks!

2. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

any mods or hacks installed in your game ?

3. Rhoslyn01

Rhoslyn01 New Member

No, there are not on my laptop. It runs fine there because I will not do the patch. On my desktop. yes there are.
    I found that when I download the newest patch, is when things went crazy. I have read so much about where hacks are supposed to go and all that, but now with the addition of sims adventures, I cannot even install any hacks. It won't let me.

4. swmeek

Make sure you installing your mods and hacks for World Adventures in that folder.
    Are you using the Monkey Helper program from Mod The Sims ?
    It will keep installing any .simpacks and mods in the old folder (where they do you no good ) so you may have to manually move your mods and hacks into the World Adventures/mods/packages folder.
    Also make sure the resource cfg file is in the main World Adventures folder too for them to work..

5. Rhoslyn01

Rhoslyn01 New Member

Thank you. I am not that computer handy, the sim version of me has better tinkering skills, but I will give it a try. Thanks for your assistane. I'll let you know if I get it working. Have you heard of any problems with the newest patch for sim adventures?

6. swmeek

I've heard you may want to wait for a different patch as this one has been causing all different kinds of issues with different things.

7. Rhoslyn01

Rhoslyn01 New Member

I will wait for the new patch. Thanks. I read your the person that likes to build homes. I do that as well. Every once in a while I will play the game, but usually love building.

8. swmeek

It's weird with Sims 2 I was more interested in building than anything but with this game I play more than build!
    At the moment I'm kinda perturbed at the game as my Riverview turned into blue lots right after I started working on a huge farm lot!

9. Rhoslyn01

Rhoslyn01 New Member

Well. I did everything you all told me, and the game will not load at all now, so I surrender. Will have to play with out mods, and god that is going to be hard. Thanks anyways folks.