Troubleshooting Sims 3 Sim Builder Is Blue

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by formerlykt, May 26, 2011.

1. formerlykt

formerlykt New Member

Hi all,
    I just bought a factory sealed copy of The Sims 3, and installed it on my computer with no issues. I opened it and tried to create a sim, but in the Sim Builder, I could only see the Sim's hair and eyes. the rest of the body was black; no skin, no details, no nothing.

I updated the game, and opened Sim Builder again. this time, it was blue. just hair and eyes, but I couldn't see any other features.

I can't seem to find a solution or similar problem anywhere online. the game is also super laggy, but that's a whole 'nother issue (I meet minimum specs, have 90 gigs of free ram..that one is beyond me right now). I took a picture on my phone; if I need to upload it, just let me know.

so, any ideas? thanks in advance!

2. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

It sounds like you may have a video card driver issue. It's a common problem. Please post your dxdiag so that people can really see what you are dealing with (as opposed to just assuring us that you meet the minimums.)

3. formerlykt

formerlykt New Member

Gladly! But how do I post a dxdiag?

4. formerlykt

formerlykt New Member

I just googled; the source said dxdiag was a Windows spec, but I'm running on a Mac.

5. Nyx

Nyx The Ever-Knowing

Ah, here's where I come in...:D

- Go to your Finder or Spotlight, Type in ' System Profiler '.
    - Load the System Profiler Application.
    - Go to File, Save As..., Change the file format to RTF, save it.
    -Upload the file here.

HIH.

ManagerJosh likes this.
  6. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Are you virtualizing Windows somehow through Parallels or VMWare Fusion?

7. formerlykt

formerlykt New Member

Hi!
    this site isn't letting me upload an RTF, and a plaintext is apparently too large. Any other way I can post it without doing a gint copy/paste?

8. formerlykt

formerlykt New Member

not to my knowledge, no.

9. Nyx

Nyx The Ever-Knowing

Okay then, don't think there are any other way other than copy and paste half or a third of it for each post.
    Hopefully Josh, the administrator can fix the not letting us upload in .rtf.

10. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Just save it as a plain old text document. Unless there's a reason you need to save it as an RTF :p

11. formerlykt

formerlykt New Member

I tried both RTF and PlainText but it says both files are too large? :(

12. Nyx

Nyx The Ever-Knowing

Then just do the copy and paste, however many posts it would take...:rolleyes:

13. formerlykt

formerlykt New Member

I compressed it into a zip file, woo! even better!

Attached Files:

14. Nyx

Nyx The Ever-Knowing

Okay, from my point of view, your computer just barely can play The Sims 3. From your Intel GMA 950 graphics card to your 1 GB of memory. It's expected to be extremely laggy.
    Have you software updated your Mac? Also try not running anything else when your playing, and have a fan or cool air blowing on the macbook. Or even better, a laptop fan. If you are able to upgrade your memory to at least 2 GB, it might run better. Maybe even upgrade to Snow Leopard if you haven't already. They say it makes any generation macs faster, especially the older models. Everything helps at this point.

15. formerlykt

formerlykt New Member

I'll get started on all these now; thank you so much for your help!

16. Nyx

Nyx The Ever-Knowing

Your very welcome. Though don't expect too much from your macbook. The best option is to just get a new mac, preferably an iMac. They're made of stronger stuff than a macbook, even the older generations like mine from '08. It still works great on medium setting with all the expansion packs. But if you're not able to buy a new or refurbished computer, then spending less than a hundred dollars for what I've suggested is a good improvement. :D

I thought I saw 1 GB of memory, but you have 2...:oops: whoops. If your planning on purchasing a Snow Leopard, definitely buy it from the Apple Store itself or apple.com. If you need anymore help, just come on by again.

Oh and if you want to know your macbook's specs: http://www.everymac.com/systems/app...-core-2-duo-2.16-white-13-mid-2007-specs.html :)