Sims 3 sounds tracks and music location

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by zano972, Jun 15, 2009.

1. zano972

zano972 New Member

Sims 3 sounds tracks and music location

Hi all,

Is there somebobody to tell me where or in wich .package or another file
    I can find the game's sounds tracks ?

For exemple where are located the music for the radio stations or the guitars themes when the sim learn or play guitar ?

Please excuse my poor english, thanks a lot and so long. :knockedout:

zano.

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

There are a bunch of music in My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Custom Music.

3. zano972

zano972 New Member

Thank you for ure answer ManagerJosh...But i already know this possibily to put some music in that directory...The problem is that directory is only for custum music you can play with the radio and i want that my sim when he plays guitar for tips - for exemple -, he plays some music i'v defined...

The songs the sim plays - ine the stadard game - when he learns or plays guitar are stored in a file. lol... And this is exactly what i'm looking for : in which file and under which format ?.... WAV...MP3.... compressed not compressed ?

I already go through the Gameplay.package, UI.package, JazzData.package, etc...
    I can't find where the gutars soundtracks are located.

And i'm sure that these datas are stored somewhere lol.

4. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

Those files are probably stored in some gibberish techno language hidden in the main Sims 3 folder or maybe it reads them directly off the disk!

5. zano972

zano972 New Member

Ok, the sounds and music are stored in the FullBuild1.package in a DBPF v2.0 uncompressed container.

Now i must to find their structure... Coming soon...

6. ManagerJosh

Keep at it! And do share with us your findings :D

7. zano972

zano972 New Member

Hello all,

Now i can say : yes it's possible to extact the sounds tracks (*_AUD.snr) from the Fullbuild1.package and to convert them to *.mp3 or another audio file format.
    I'm right writting a litte program who must do the job...

I've extracted and convert all the 'guitar-playXXX.AUD.snr from the package but i don't know how to share the *.rar I made with you... If anybody can tell me how to do ?

A nice day to all and so long.

8. zano972

zano972 New Member

9. ManagerJosh

Dang man! You're quick!!

10. zano972

zano972 New Member

Hi all,

No ManaherJosh it's not quick and I don't believe I use the easier way to do that....

I'm trying to explain how I do it and if somebody has a better way to do the job, I'm his man.

First you need to download and to install the great Peter Jones tool : I mean
    1- S3PIDemoFE tool - all download links at the end of this post -,
    2 - Microsoft.Net Framework 3.5
    3 - The FullBuild1.package from Sims 3 lol
    4 - FFMpeg Library (to convert the extracted / compressed *.snr to a *.mp3 or another audio format...)

5 - Run the S3PE extract / viewer tool and before you load any file, check :
    the 'Sort' and 'Display resource name' checkboxes. Then load the FullBuild1.package.

6 -) Look for the resource you want to export (for exemple : amb_birds_allday or guitar_master01)
    click on the resource line, choose File ---> Export, to export the resource where you want on your HD.
    It's better to keep the default name of the resource, but if you want it, you can rename it.

7 -) The FFMpeg Library I use to convert the exported file don't have a GUI - I must to write one - and I have only yhe source code for Linux/Unix.

I've not here the pretentiousness to make a tutorial, because i don't master all the processes and there is still a lot of parameters I don't know how they work...

It's only to give maybe to someone a better idea to do the job easier.

The structure of the FullBuil1.package is the following :

Byte 0 - 3 : DBPF
    Byte 4 : 02 (Major number version, in this case : version 2)
    Byte 5 : 00
    Byte 6 : 00 (Minor number version, in this case : 0)
    Byte 7 : 00
    Byte 08h - 01C7h : unknown datas (for me lol)
    byte 01C8 - 0441h : some unknown datas and some datas used by the sound player...like : prop uint processingstage 255.... prop int numchannels 6....

Byte 0442h - 05B4h : the first STBL (STring TaBle) not used for the sounds resources.
    (The structure of the STBL is : 4 bytes for the length of the string and the string itself... for exemple : 00 00 00 11layer_world_trees)

Byte 05B4h - 04D53h : strings and unknown datas...

The real music / sounds STBL starts here at offset :

Byte 04D54h This table is made like this :

04D54h : SS TT UU VV WW XX YY ZZ : ????? (but if you change one bit the program crash at the next start!) :disappointed:

The following 4 bytes are always the same and are :
    04D5Ch : 5C F1 7E 07

The next 4 bytes are the length of the string (in little endian format) :

04D60h : 17 00 00 00 (string length = 23d)
    04D64h : foot_step_gravel_sand23 (the string itself : ASCII code)

....and so on until the end of the STBL at : 02309CEh

It's sure that the 8 bytes in front of the 4 bytes storing the resource length are used to store the length and the start offset of the resource in the file.

Ok that all folks ! :)

So long.

Links :

s3pe_0906-30-1625.exe

http://sourceforge.net/project/down...188&filename=s3pe_0906-30-1625.exe&a=79783332

FFMpeg
    http://www.afreecodec.com/167/ffmpeg/
    http://ffmpeg.org/download.html

Microsoft.net Framework 3.5

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...FD-AE52-4E35-B531-508D977D32A6&displaylang=en

11. zano972

zano972 New Member

Hi all,

(I wrote yesterday night this post but i don't see it on the forum...maybe i've
    make something wrong...If it is already posted at the wrong place, in this case I think that the forum administrator will delete one them.)

I'm trying to explain how I do it and if somebody has a better way to do the job, I'm his man.

First you need to download and to install the great Peter Jones tool : I mean
    1- S3PIDemoFE tool - all download links at the end of this post -,
    2 - Microsoft.Net Framework 3.5
    3 - The FullBuild1.package from Sims 3 lol
    4 - FFMpeg Library (to convert the extracted / compressed *.snr to a *.mp3 or another audio format...)

5 - Run the S3PE extract / viewer tool and before you load any file, check :
    the 'Sort' and 'Display resource name' checkboxes. Then load the FullBuild1.package.

6 -) Look for the resource you want to export (for exemple : amb_birds_allday or guitar_master01)
    click on the resource line, choose File ---> Export, to export the resource where you want on your HD.
    It's better to keep the default name of the resource, but if you want it, you can rename it.

7 -) The FFMpeg Library I use to convert the exported file don't have a GUI - I must to write one - and I have only yhe source code for Linux/Unix.

I've not here the pretentiousness to make a tutorial, because i don't master all the processes and there is still a lot of parameters I don't know how they work...

It's only to give maybe to someone a better idea to do the job easier.

The structure of the FullBuil1.package is the following :

Byte 0 - 3 : DBPF
    Byte 4 : 02 (Major number version, in this case : version 2)
    Byte 5 : 00
    Byte 6 : 00 (Minor number version, in this case : 0)
    Byte 7 : 00
    Byte 08h - 01C7h : unknown datas (for me lol)
    byte 01C8 - 0441h : some unknown datas and some datas used by the sound player...like : prop uint processingstage 255.... prop int numchannels 6....

Byte 0442h - 05B4h : the first STBL (STring TaBle) not used for the sounds resources.
    (The structure of the STBL is : 4 bytes for the length of the string and the string itself... for exemple : 00 00 00 11layer_world_trees)

Byte 05B4h - 04D53h : strings and unknown datas...

The real music / sounds STBL starts here at offset :

Byte 04D54h This table is made like this :

04D54h : SS TT UU VV WW XX YY ZZ : ????? (but if you change one bit the program crash at the next start!)

The following 4 bytes are always the same and are :
    04D5Ch : 5C F1 7E 07

The next 4 bytes are the length of the string (in little endian format) :

04D60h : 17 00 00 00 (string length = 23d)
    04D64h : foot_step_gravel_sand23 (the string itself : ASCII code)

....and so on until the end of the STBL at : 02309CEh

It's sure that the 8 bytes in front of the 4 bytes storing the resource length are used to store the length and the start offset of the resource in the file.

Ok that all folks !

So long.

Links :

s3pe_0906-30-1625.exe

http://sourceforge.net/project/down...188&filename=s3pe_0906-30-1625.exe&a=79783332

FFMpeg
    http://www.afreecodec.com/167/ffmpeg/
    http://ffmpeg.org/download.html

Microsoft.net Framework 3.5

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...FD-AE52-4E35-B531-508D977D32A6&displaylang=en

12. jackportd

jackportd New Member

Hello guy

Explore this one, I think you may found your sound of sim3.

ea.com/music/the-official-sims-3-soundtrack

Take it.

13. kjn430

kjn430 New Member

jackportal, you are an idiot.
    zano972, if it helps the composer of the guitar pieces is Aaron Kaplan
    He has two albums, "Salvaged" and "Raw Sugar" both of which are pretty good
    This is his website: http://aaronkaplanmusic.com where he lists Sims 3/guitar under his discography

14. ManagerJosh

Very nice find kjn430! I'm curious now to know which pieces he composed actually

15. kristyle

kristyle New Member

ok...good, everyone,thanks for sharing

16. Kenny Kanashimi Chu

Kenny Kanashimi Chu New Member

I know is not related or 5 month old topic. But i just want to know what is the UI.package?