Sims 3 - Too Much?

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by ManagerJosh, Jun 4, 2008.

1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Sims 3 - Too Much?

Just out of curosity, is anyone starting to suffer from Sims exhaustion? It seems like as fast as expansion packs come out that most people don't get a breather and sooner rather than later will start getting tired of Sims.

Sooo... are you getting tired of Sims? :)

2. Judhudson

Judhudson is a Hi-Tech Redneck

There is still plenty of life for The Sims 2 to be honest. Also, it seems that The Sims 3, while smooth, is just a notch above TS2 in terms of graphics. I would like to see The Sims series take on graphics much like Crysis.

That would look amazing...Although only a select few computers would be able to run it if it did. :p

3. lostsnow_3

lostsnow_3 New Member

Well every three month nVidia release new GFX cards. The latest GeForce 9800 GX2 cards that came out a few months ago that cost like $500 now are going to be outdated since the 9900 series is coming ou this month or the next. In terms ,by the time the sims games get like crysis. Cards that can play crysis on all high filters, max resolution, max anti-A, will cost $150 so people would be able to. I just dont know why people spend $1200 for 2 of the latest cards when a better one will be out in a few month and they end up selling there old(3 month old) cards inorder to get 2 of the newer ones.

4. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

I still wish there were a way to (for those of us with high end video cards) for the graphic work to be partially or fully controlled by our gpu's while the cpu handles all the gameplay issues.
    I think we would end up with a much better looking and deeper graphic game.
    Like leaves blowing on trees ,birds and insects flying about,better looking water effects,etc.

5. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Most modern day GPUs do that and they only divert calculations to the CPU when the GPU's are bogged down.

6. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

But as I understand it (and I could be wrong) the game is coded to use more cpu power for rendering the game. Yes it does help having one of the better video cards to help with shaders that the newer ep's are all using now .

7. scarylodger

scarylodger New Member

It's not so much that I'm tired of Sims, it's more that I can't keep up with it all. I've SO many expansions yet to get that I can't even think about Sims 3 :confused:
    x

8. timothgallagher

timothgallagher New Member

To be honest... I was absolutely mis-informed, how advanced Sims 2 has become. Even though the feeling of being in complete control of what limited things that could be done... this particular one expanded my view greatly.

Will it take at least 2012-13 for people to get comfortable with the idea, that Sims 3 will offer something different and satisfying ? This clearly would be on most people's minds - and yet... Some movie studio mentioned that The Sims was going to be on the big screen... unless thats a failed project. (( It was mentioned on Yahoo, who was going to produce the film and stuff like that... on their website. from 2007.))

Would Bella Goth end up on the retirement block - or would another Sim Character, as described on the movie trailer for Sims 3... be the new spokesperson, which sounds more like it.