Troubleshooting Sims 3 won't finish loading

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by KatherineChan, Dec 17, 2009.

1. KatherineChan

KatherineChan New Member

Sims 3 won't finish loading

Ok, so I've been playing the sims 3 for a while now. But, recently (I just updated to version 1.8) when I load it, it goes through the opening sequence, but when it gets to the screen with the loading bar, when the bar is full, it just stays there. The cursor is still turning, and it isn't frozen.
    Help please!

2. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

Any mods or hacks in your game?

3. brad84

brad84 New Member

same problem

i have have he exact ssame problem. i had the game for a 2 days and i installed the helpermonkey tool to use dwnloadable cotent and it was working fine, but when i was installing stuff with the monkey helper, it wasnt going in the EA/Sims3/Mods/Packages older, i have no idea where it was installing it. well i downloaded alot more things and installed it, and there was about 20 files on my desktop and i deleted them and emptied my recycle bin, and when i tryed to run the game it would get to the end of the loading screen and stay there, i leftit running for 30 minutes and it did nothing. i uninstalled the game and reinstalled it 3 times and it still doesnt load all the way. i ended up deleting everything i could find involving the sims 3 and it still didnt work. i installed it on my sisters computer and it worked fie, but its not finishing loading on mine. please someone help me with this i reallywant to play it, i barely got to the short tim e ive had it thanks.

4. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

All mods are installed to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages\

Try deleting the following files all found in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\
    CASPartCache.package
    compositorCache.package
    scriptCache.package
    simCompositorCache.package

Basically, all the files that have Cache in them. Also have a look for any crash dumps in that folder. They appear as "xcpt [COMPUTER NAME] [DATE] [TIME].mdmp" and .txt

5. Claudicus

Claudicus New Member

:-( Same problem

I, too am in the same boat as Katherine. This is literally the first time I have played the game since being given it for Christmas. I have not downloaded anything for it apart from the new update I was prompted to install by the Download manager. The loading bar fills so painfully slowly to about a centimeter and nothing happens, although the game tips are still running.

Flameback, I tried your suggestion and deleted my Cache files. Now when I try to start the game I just get a black screen and a loading cursor.

I'm really worked up:( in the anticipation of playing the game and this problem is highly frustrating! I don't know what to do.

6. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

No mods and no custom content?

Install the game but don't install any of the updates, just run the game's .exe directly from C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3.exe

7. chocofroyo

chocofroyo New Member

Oh my! Same problem here. :( I wanna cry. :'(