Sims all look the same!

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by sunnyc, Apr 15, 2006.

1. sunnyc

sunnyc New Member

Sims all look the same!

Can anybody tell me why all my sims are born with the same haircuts? Is there any way to change this?

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Ever seen a baby born before in real life? Generally they are all bald :D

3. sunnyc

sunnyc New Member

ALL Sims born via sim birth are the same

Thanks for the reply, obviously all babies are the same and that is fine, but ALL Sims that are born via a sim preganancy grow up to look the same, just with different coloured hair. All girls have the short whispy haircut and all boys have the short afro style haircut. So I have a whole city of sims that all have the same hair. Is this a problem that anyone else has had and is there any way that I can fix it cause it is driving me nuts!!!:)

4. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Babies are created by the genetics or traits of the parents. So if you want different attributes for your kids, you need to introduce new sims into your game from different lineage.

5. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Sunny, the when a baby changes to a toddler, they all have the default hair. It seems to be the short curls for the boys and the thin, full hair for girls. They have the proper hair color, but not the wanted style. If you have OFB, you can direct the toddler's parents to hold him/her up to a mirror and change their hairstyle with "change appearence." Or, you can wait until they transition to a child, and then send them to the mirror if you don't have OFB.

6. MangoOrange

MangoOrange New Member

Yes, you are under no obligation to let all your sims keep the default hair forever! Just have them change appearance in a mirror and give them their very own hairstyle. ;)

7. Lynet

Lynet New Member

And once you've discovered changing appearance in the mirror, there's no end of options if you decide to try downloading new hairstyles. If you haven't done that yet it's a little tricky (because of meshes) so use the search function to hunt around for how-to threads. :)

8. Your Mom

Your Mom Simaholic ;D

I was about to say the same thing as you've all said...change then in the mirror when you can.

9. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

I can't change toddler appearance to another Maxis haircut. It picks one for me. The one I chose shows up in the thumbnail but the kid has a different do!

This doesn't happen with custom hair for toddlers, only the Maxis stuff. :(

I guess it's not that big of a deal, but it's not perfect, is what I'm saying.

All other ages work fine, in my game.

10. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Hummm, SBW, that's really weird. I've not heard of that problem before.

11. babewithbrains_14

babewithbrains_14 The Offtopic Queen!!!

Just out of curiosity, if you use the stylists chair thingymabob, could you change a childs' hair like that?

12. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

I don't know. You have to offer a makeover. Not sure a toddler can accept.