News Sims, Barbies and Vampires - oh my!

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Judhudson, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Judhudson

Judhudson is a Hi-Tech Redneck

Sims, Barbies and Vampires - oh my!

What does The Sims, Barbies and Vampires all have in common?* Examiner takes a look with their latest article “The Sims: an acceptable way for adults to keep playing with their Barbies“.

I thought I’d put Barbie and all her naughty tricks behind me until about four years ago in college when I discovered The Sims. For those of you who don’t know what that is, The Sims is a computer game wherein you invent characters and control every mundane aspect of their puny little lives. I am convinced that The Sims is a geeky yet socially acceptable way for adults to still play Barbies. It’s just like Barbies. You get them a house, you decorate it, you dress your Sim, get them a job, a boyfriend, make them “woo hoo” with* their current romantic interest. They can have kids, get married, cheat on their spouses, get fired from their jobs, be robbed, cry, laugh, watch TV — and you control every aspect of their activities. It’s just like real life, but everyone in the Sim world could potentially be a guest on the Dr. Phil show. At least my Sims could anyway. You may be thinking I’m straying from the original topic of vampires, but watch me tie it all together now.

As much as I hate to admit it, the author has a point.* However, The Sims doesn’t fulfill one of the things you could do with Barbies…I remember back when I was a kid I used to terrorize my sisters by biting and tearing off their Barbie’s heads.* OM-NOM-NOM-NOM.

2. chrst0322

chrst0322 Member

aww your poor sister,lol hide the barbie dolls before jud decapitates them. *save the sims*:D