Troubleshooting Sims can't bust a move

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by surprised_by_witches, Dec 3, 2006.

1. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Sims can't bust a move

Since installing pets my sims can't "bust a move" anymore. Not that it's that big a deal, just wanted to know if this happened to anyone else.

2. Lynet

Lynet New Member

I haven't seen the move, either. Wonder why? Maybe a patch will fix that.

3. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

Oh dear. That would be bad if you use the "bustamove" to up their friendship points the way I do.

Are they the same Sims? I thought that I had that problem initially until I watched them doing some regular dancing and realized that the Sims who couldn't "bustamove" also were Sims who needed more experience with dancing.

One nice thing about those poorer dancers: I got to see my Sims twirl for the first time. Before my Sims who would slow dance seemed to get "close" fairly quickly and they never twirled. In fact, I thought it was something that someone had made up! But I've had several couples do the twirl (who were medium ability dancers, dancing with someone they didn't know very well.)

4. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Darn it ... I posted a reply to this and it got lost. :(

SB ... check for hack conflicts. I haven't had and problems since I downloaded a whole shed-load of upgraded hacks. Thanks be to hackers who work so hard without asking for money ... :rolleyes:

(I had a right pile of fun and games when I first got Pets and -- without web access -- had to test all my downloads in batches to see which ones were causing probs and which were safe. Glad my downloads folder isn't as big as Kat's but at 1.5 GB it was plenty big enough, thank you very much :rolleyes:

5. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

Mirelly is right. Some of the hacks may have an impact on the bustamove type of thing.

As to my downloads folder, it's a little smaller today. I actually got it down to 8.63gb. I was so proud of myself for letting so many things go until I looked at how many gb it still was. Sigh. And I recently had to check through it *all* to find a staircase that was crashing my game to desktop even before I got to "dumbing down doofusses." That was a pain and a half.

I now am putting all my "new stuff" in a temp folder. It gets moved out of that folder and sorted into the correct subfolder after it's shown that it doesn't cause crashing or other problems. I'm trying to hold off on having to check the entire downloads folder again. (Keeping it organized in subfolders is very helpful, I've found.)

6. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Weirdly, my college students CAN bust a move now ... it was a temporary glitch, possibly? I didn't change anything. I haven't tried it with my other sims, yet ... weird.