Troubleshooting Sims frozen in bed in a community lot (Sky View Hotel) Help!

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by lorelei92950, Oct 14, 2010.

1. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

Sims frozen in bed in a community lot (Sky View Hotel) Help!

This couple have been frozen in bed at home a few times. I thought it had something to do with their lot. I usually just go into buy mode and delete the bed with them in it and they show up floating by the mailbox. When I hit play, boom, they're off and running, literally. But this time, the first night of their vacation in Three Lakes they froze in the bed at the hotel and, of course, I do not have access to the buy/build modes while on vacation. So they are totally in limbo.

I tried going back to "neighborhood" which took me to a view of Three Lakes. When I looked over at the Sky View Hotel there was a floating green bed above the hotel. But when I went into their room, they were still frozen. So I finally just closed the game. When I opened it again and went to Pleasantview, the green diamond over their house was not glowing, it was dark. I clicked on the house and it said they were not home, they were in Sky View Hotel did I want to go there? So I clicked yes hoping they would be unstuck, but no. They are still frozen. I think I can say "Bon Voyage" this couple. I can't even kill them. Clicking on them does no good.

If I just leave them there forever, will the room they are occupying be unavailable to other Sims? Their house in Pleasantville will be unavailable to anyone too, I guess?

2. Nyx

Nyx The Ever-Knowing

I think when you use the boolProp testingCheatsEnabled [true/false] cheat, you can press SHIFT then click the vacation place/hotel to build or buy mode. I'm not quite sure on this since it's been a long time since I've played Sims 2.

If you want to know more about this cheat and all the other cheats: http://www.snootysims.com/cheatsindex.php?id=cheats

3. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

Thanks for the link, Nyx, I bookmarked it. Meanwhile, sometime last night, and with much trepidation, I used the dreaded "Force Error" option and then hit "Reset" and they bounced out of bed like jumping beans. I knew I should try that when I posted, but just wanted to avoid it at all costs if I could. I had tried the shift click via boolProp earlier, because I read somewhere online that you would get the option "Delete Object", but I tried several times and did not get that option. I think I clicked on something that said "Vacation", but either the options did not work, or I thought they did not apply. Nevertheless, thanks, I appreciate the quick answer :)

4. Nyx

Nyx The Ever-Knowing

You should never use the Force Error option, because it is known to cause extreme glitching and messes up the game core to the point that your game is too messed up to play...or so they say.

But anyways, I'm happy to help when I can. :biggrin:

5. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

I know, I was terrified, but there didn't seem to be anything else to do. I guess I could have let them decay in the bed, but I'm not sure even that would have unstuck them :( I don't plan to ever use it again. Don't know what else I could have done, though. If it happens again, I'll try boolProp again and see if I get a "vacation" option, but if not, I'm not sure what else I can do. I sure hope my game is not messed up, but so far, it's playing all right.

6. Nyx

Nyx The Ever-Knowing

I'm pretty sure there is no vacation option in boolprop, try pressing Shift and clicking the hotel/vacation home. I think that's how I did it.