Sims Got Fingers!!!!

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by surprised_by_witches, Jan 12, 2006.

1. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Sims Got Fingers!!!!

Hey, everyone,

I got my new video card and it ROCKS. Look, look, my sims have fingers now! With nail polish on them!

You all with superior machines can snicker behind your hands but I'm psyched.

Here's a sample. Before video card, after video card.

Yeah! And I installed it all by my little self.

Attached Files:

2. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

what a gorgeous girl in the 2nd photo... I want her for my game..... Oh, I know, no downloads. sigh....

3. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

ooohhh.....pretty

4. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

LOL SBW, I'm not snickering. Your news is proof perfect of what I keep trying to tell people who are having trouble. Maybe Maxis should taken the path first trodden by the Virgin record label in the 1970 when it released Mike Oldfield's Tubular Bells (on vinyl natch ;) ) - in small print on the sleeve was the disconcerting news that: this record cannot be played on old tin boxes no matter what they are fitted with. (At the time it was common for record companies to state: "this stereo recording can be played on mono-equipment provided a suitable cartridge is fitted") Geez ... I feel ancient :(

5. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Fingernail polish! I've never seen fingernail polish. :eek:

What video card did you get?

6. MangoOrange

MangoOrange New Member

Yay!!! I recently did the same, SBW, and got a new video card. Ain't it great???

My sims' clothes also used to be all blurry, and now I can see the buttons and creases in the fabric and everything! Yippeee!

7. babewithbrains_14

babewithbrains_14 The Offtopic Queen!!!

That's great, SBW. The girl in the second pic is very beautiful - I love her hair. Where did you get it from?

8. ASHMEANS r a d

ASHMEANS r a d dance master ?

it's not even funny how desperatly i need a new video card & memory upgrade.
    i feel so deprived..

9. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Woo Hoo for new Video cards!! That looks beautiful, and I really love the neighborhood outside. It looks much better.

10. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

No....I am jealous. Very, extremely jealous. I want fingers! And I think the nail polish is part of the shirt because it's downloaded, Lynet. :rolleyes: Or maybe you already knew that. Whatever.

11. surprised_by_witches

Hi everyone,

Just logged in, so many questions, here it goes ...

The girl in both pictures is Xanthe Nova, she was born in the game to another sim born in the game and Castor Nova. Try having babies with Castor Nova, Suitemichelle, they all turned out cute in my game. He's a good dad, too. (He lives at the frat at Sim State.)

Her hair is by XMSims, I recolored the shirt myself (and apparently the nail polish, which I didn't know existed before LOL). A girl can never have too many black shirts. Makeup by Helaene, who else?

As for the video card, it's an Nvidia Geforce 6600GT by MSI. It improved my game's performance by something like 300%, according to a website that compares such things. I bought it at Newegg, which is a good place to get parts. I paid a little more because this one got good reviews, but it has a rebate so it wasn't that much, all told.

12. ASHMEANS r a d

how much memory does your computer have suprised by witches?

13. surprised_by_witches

Do you mean RAM? Only 512 K? MB? right now. That's the next thing I'm getting. It has a slot for another 512 ... whatever. I can never remember and Josh makes fun of me if I get it wrong. :rolleyes:

14. ASHMEANS r a d

hahaha yes. i'm no better.. definatly.
    i was strongly consiering a memory upgrade and was just wondering what good RAM numbers were. hm..

15. surprised_by_witches

My friend who knows these things advised me to get a new video card first. More bang for your buck.

I know some people on this site have 1.4 GB of memory, which is approximately 512 + 512, so I guess I've got 512 MB right now.

But I'm not the right person to ask.

16. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

No they have 1GB (1024MB) of RAM. :p
    Where did you get 1.4GB of RAM from?

17. ozoinka

ozoinka New Member

Hurrah for new video card. Very happy for you 'cause the graphics look great. I share your enjoyment as I've read your posts where you were either talking about a new card, hoping to get xmas money for a card or finally waiting for it to arrive.

As for the self install, well thats very clever. :eek:

18. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

A new monitor also makes the game look better, because if it's bigger and you set the resolution lower, everything looks a lot bigger and you can see the details in things as well. I discovered that I could see the fingers more clearly on my sims with our new 19" LCD monitor, and I could even see the criss-crossing on the back of the refrigerator (I've always wanted to see it. I don't know why.)! So...yeah. LCD monitors are good.

19. surprised_by_witches

From my not-very-technical mind, that's where. :p

I'm just glad I put the silly card in the right way and got it all plugged into the power source with only a little over-the-phone help from my long-suffering friend.

As for LCD monitors, yeah, that would be peachy but I'm stuck with a really ancient monitor for now. I get freebies from work. Hafta wait until they unload a larger one, and it won't be LCD ...

Maybe when my ship comes in. ;)

But, yeah, it rocks.

Even better, some of my sims that were, well, funny looking, aren't anymore! I had this kid with eyes that looked like hubcaps and I thought uh-oh, plastic surgery here we come. I mean they made him look like a bug! Now that I have a video card, voila! He's a handsome teenager.

Whew.

And the ones that were cute before ... all I can say is, Wow. Amazing what facial contours and realistic looking muscle tone can do, even for a sim that was already a hottie.

Oh, and hair looks sooooo much better.

20. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

1.4GB technically is a bit hard to do in terms of pairing up the memory available on the market, however 1.5 is technically fesible :)

also:

Kilo or KB = Kilobyte :p
    Mega or MB = Megabyte

Megabyte > Kilobyte :)