Sims on Fire

Discussion in 'The Sims 1' started by siversoncan, Oct 26, 2002.

1. siversoncan

siversoncan New Member

Sims on Fire

My sims have started a fire and I don't know how to put it out. I let my sims check out there new residence before I had any eletronics put in. No phones or, fire alarms. Is there any way (including cheats) to put the fire out or perhaps isolate it to minimize the damage?

2. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

oooh I'm not sure!! See if you can use the cheat Prepare_Lot on or move_objects on. To type a cheat press shift, control and c to get the little box to type the codes into. I hope you can get your fire under control!! If you can't though, remember to NOT save, and exit, and if you saved your sims family and house at any time BEFORE the fire, it will go back to that time....
    I wish you luck!!! poor sims!!
    oh, I almost forgot, you CAN have your sims try to put it out themselves, first, click on the little freak out in the upper corner so your sim cancels Freaking Out... then click on the fire and it will show option "put out fire" and your sim will start fighting the fire with a fire extenguisher.

3. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

It might also be a good idea to have your sims who are NOT fighting the fire go run AWAY from the fire so they don't stand there freaking and get burned!!

4. siversoncan

siversoncan New Member

re: Sims on Fire

Thanks FaeLuna. I'll try to have them put out the fire themselves. I guess I forgot to mention that I had not saved the lot prior to this fire. "Move_objects on" does not work because you can not get to buy or build mode when there is a fire. I assume the other cheat will not work in live mode either.

5. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

hmm well I hope your sims can fight the fire themselves!! If it's not too big yet they should be able to, especially if you can get a couple of them working on different parts of it. How big IS the fire so far? Like how many tiles? I think the biggest fire I had was when the grill in the backyard caught fire, catching the Fish Pond on fire (??!!! water can burn when it's an object!!) and then the telescope next to that went up... and the rocket launcher.... :p

6. siversoncan

siversoncan New Member

I got the fire out, but one of my sims has been burnt and the Grim Reaper has come to take her away. I pleaded with the grim Reaper and he is going to turn her into a zombie. Is there anything I can do to prevent this?

7. siversoncan

siversoncan New Member

re: Sims on Fire

It all worked out in the end. My sim was turned into a zombie so I put her to sleep in a bed and then with "move_objects on" I deleted the bed and the sim was restored back to normal. After this I made sure I put up fire alarms, burglar alarms, and telephones. My sims will not have another adventure of this type in the future. Thanks for all your help.

8. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Oh I'm glad it all turned out well in the end!! I didn't know deleting the bed would restore your zombie sim back to normal!! I learned something, thanks!!! :D

Yeah, I always put up all the alarms and phones, and ALWAYS make my new sims sit and study cooking like mad the instant they get into the new house, trying to improve those cooking skills to the point they won't burn the house down!! haha! :LOL:

9. justygd

justygd New Member

Well silver if worse comes to worse .To keep the sim that can't cook from starting a fire just turn the stove around so they cant use it.lololo. I do that till i get the cooking skill up.but ya prolly already know that... heh! anyway just doin my part,...goodluck

10. justygd

justygd New Member

Hi fae. btw what does that code do just curious i dont use codes that often :)

11. chatterbox

chatterbox Guest

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

move_objects on is supposed to let you pick up and move objects, but apparantly it only works under circumstances when you could get to buy mode... sigh. But I'm not sure on that. prepare_lot on is supposed to let you into build mode when you wouldn't otherwise. I think it's supposed to let you change and do things on the tiles visible as part of your lot, but out of bounds for placing things. I've heard be VERY careful about moving your mailboxes and trash cans!

13. GitarooBob

GitarooBob New Member

Actually, you can have some real fun moving your mailbox. I tend to move my mailbox first thing. Except I haven't used prepare_lot. I forget what I used, but I think it was something like edit_mode on } or something like that. But, in any case, I usually move my mailbox either
    A) Inside, so that the post officer has to walk inside, and I'll see them (I used to forget to check my mailbox for bills),
    B) On a small island in the pool. It's decorative, and heaps funny to watch the post officer swim.
    C) On a small island in the pool...with no ladder. The post officer will hang around the pool, either on the side, or swimming, and eventually give up, and the bills will magically appear in your postbox. Kinda pointless.

But in any case, you can move your mailbox around and make it more aesthetically pleasing. I mean, who ever heard of a traditional Roman villa (for my family, the Hail's (Ceaser Hail, on the phone book, Hail->Ceaser) with a mailbox out front? On that lot, it's part of a holy shrine upstairs. :p

-Bob

14. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Lol Bob.
    I hvae moved both mailboxes and trashcan when they've been in the way. What you never must do is to delete them! :) But you can move them. And move_objects on - it works for me as soon as I go to buy mode. heh it's fun to move the sims sleepingout of bed - they hang in the air. lol. Poor sims :LOL: