Sims Shuts down immediatly?.........

Discussion in 'The Sims 1' started by Prettybaby1211, May 18, 2004.

1. Prettybaby1211

Prettybaby1211 New Member

Sims Shuts down immediatly?.........

I just finished downloading a lot of stuff online and now when i try to run the sims it shuts off within 5 secs (before it gets to the neighborhood) any suggestions? Thanks

2. SolidSnake_19

SolidSnake_19 Senior Moderator

I haven't really had my game crash in that area of loading/playing... All I can think of at the moment is that you've possibly downloaded a corrupted file somewhere. You could download a program called The Sims File Cop - it may correct the problem. When you download it all you need to do is open and run. It should scan all of the files (except objects) and if it finds anything it will move the corrupted file into a different folder for you to correct (if you want fix it down the road.)

If the problem does turn out to be an Object file you could very well have to check each of your recent downloads manually to find out which one is causing the error.

3. Tri Ace Fan

Tri Ace Fan New Member

As far as I know, if you don't have the proper expansion pack/s, some objects can cause the game to crash, that happens only if you actually place the objects in your house.

4. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

both of the last replys sound possible.... I had the same problem so I uninstalled everything and then unzipped downloads other that maxis, a few at a time. Maybe the game gets overloaded?...:confused:

5. misty4m

misty4m New Member

I agree.............the game do get loaded on full..............so I started over and only download my stuff from one place...............and think of this too..........how much space do you have on your computer..................that may be the issue you may need more space................that happens to if you don't have enough space.............check your computer too..................

Attached Files:

• A.gif
      A.gif
      File size:
      3.6 KB
      Views:
  6. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

Welcome to the forums, Misty. (OT) I like your gif but only got 1 view...