Sims switching careers without player consent?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Xenu, Oct 17, 2004.

1. Xenu

Xenu New Member

Sims switching careers without player consent?

Have this ever happened to anyone in Sims 2?
    That your sim suddenly switch to another career track or quit his job without any consent from you the player?

It happened to me in Sims 1, and I found it to be extremely annoying.

Also, elders who start new careers can't move past the third step. Can they still advance more then three steps if they allready have a acreer when they turn elders?

2. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

This does not happen in TS2, although chance cards can get you promoted or demoted in your career track, or fired.

In TS1, you could just delete the sim in question upon his return home, and he would immediately revert to his last saved copy when he respawned.

An elder who already has a "real" job retains it until he retired, quits, or is fired. After which he can only get cruddy jobs. Down with age discrimination!

3. Chee-Z

Chee-Z The Go-Kart Mozart

I've heard of Sims lying :)eek:) about their career, but switching jobs? That I don't know about...:confused:

4. Orion

Orion New Member

From what I've seen, once your sim becomes an elder, they no longer can get promoted in thier jobs past what they are allowed to in a retirement type job.

5. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

No, an elder who has a regular job continues to function normally in that job until he loses it or retires. It doesn't matter what rank he's currently at, as long as he has a "real" job, he will be able to keep it. Even if he signed up the day before becoming an elder and is entry-level, he can still advance to the top.

6. Cairo

Cairo New Member

I see no problem with this. If you don't want them to retire, keep them in a real job. However, if have sympathy for their osteoperosisized elderly bones and how they tend to go a little crazy towards the end of their days...give them a break. Unless of course...they've made references to whoo-hooing the 15 year old down the street. In that case, do us a favor and keep them at work.

7. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

If an elder has a job before they become an elder they can advance as they would as adults.

However, once they have become an elder, if they then get a job they are in the teen/elder jobs, not the regular track. There are only 3 levels in the teen/elder jobs.

I haven't had any of my Sims do the "I'm bored and so I'm going to switch jobs" thing that they did with TS1. (I'm glad, because I hated that. Especially since the scientist always seemed to become a criminal and I don't want to use that career track.)