sims with sunburn

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by coralark, Mar 5, 2007.

1. coralark

coralark New Member

sims with sunburn

anyone have any sims get a sunburn yet? i had my sims lay out all afternoon but didn't get anything, but it was kindof between spring and summer so maybe thats why....she was also wearing a custom made swimsuit so that could be why too.......

i wish our sims could fly kites.....

2. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

They can if you own Open For Business. It's one of the toys your sims will make with the toy crafting station thingy.

And as far as sunburn...I'm having too much fun playing the winter seasons! I have had a sim freeze though! That was pretty funny.

3. Dreamaa01

Dreamaa01 Dream a Little Dream

I have had a sim get sunburned. It was funny. He came walking into the house all red and groaning then he fainted. My female sim just continued to cook dinner totally ignoring him lol.

4. coralark

coralark New Member

i have open for business so i'll be able to fly kites....yay!!!

lol that's funny....how long did his sunburn last? i'll have a chance to play tonight so i'm going to have to try it again.....i torture my poor sims

5. Dreamaa01

the sunburn lasted maybe a couple of minutes. If you stay in the hot tub for a long amount your sim will become red and if you exercise for a long amount of time they will become red as well.

6. coralark

coralark New Member

i didn't know that, i'll have to try it....i made my sims makeout and their temperature went up on their thermometer for a second...that was fun!

7. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

My sims got all sweaty playing water balloon tag, too, and using a hot tub indoors puts them in the red, temperature wise, as well.

I had a sim get hit by lightning when flying a kite. :D

8. sexierjess14

sexierjess14 Depressed Soul

Oh, I didnt know sims could play with the kites now! I should go try it, and maybe get him struck ;)

9. coralark

coralark New Member

that is wild....i would have never discovered that....i usually have my sims come in when it's lightning but maybe i'll keep them out next time with their kites!

10. surprised_by_witches

The weird thing was, it wasn't storming. But she was flying one of the "evil" kites, you know, the ones that don't "take" that have the monster face on a white fuzzy background.

11. sexierjess14

My kite isnt working. My sim picks the kite up and places it back down. New way of flying a kite I suppose :cool:

Does the area needed to fly a kite, be huge and with no objects around?

12. surprised_by_witches

Not huge, but tree-free seems to help.

13. Jazz

Jazz Vintage User

Im getting frusterated because when i have my sim work out his temperature goes up too fast for him to work out a decent work out

14. Jazz

Jazz Vintage User

one of my taller trees got struck by lightning, heres it on fire.

Attached Files:

15. sexierjess14

I totally agree with you about the work out. My sim has been gaining weight rapidly because I kept feeding him fishes he caught, and I sent him to the threadmill, and his fitness bar only went up a little and he's overheated!! :mad:

I resolved his fitness by using a program:rolleyes:

16. Dreamaa01

you can do yoga all day and your sim never gets hot... i tested it out myself and i even made the time go super fast and she never got hot...

17. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

Does the dance sphere also affect the sim's temperature? If you have a pool you can also make the sim swim for a few hours, but it only helps fitness very slowly.

18. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

Unlike real life, the Sim has to be over heated to get "sunburned." So, if it's cool outdoors and/or you have them in cooling clothes, they may not get sunburned. (The "sunburned" state seems to be more equated to "heat stroke" than a burn.)

19. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

Make sure that your exercise equipment is indoors. If they are outdoors, they are more likely to get overheated. Indoors it's like there is airconditioning so they won't get overheated as fast.

Also, taking as shower seems to put the back in the green if they are either overheated or chilled.

20. Jiko

Jiko Lab Specimen Collector

gotta getta

Oh, I gotta getta Seasons. You guys make it sound zer cool.

Hi, y'all! Been down so long this looks like up to me.