1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Troubleshooting Sims won't go to work or school

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by yade, Jun 4, 2006.

1. yade

yade New Member

Sims won't go to work or school

Hello!

I've played Sims for quite a few hours, and suddenly my sims won't go to work anymore. Also, my child having growed up, won't go to class at all.

I only get a message that the carpool will arrive in an hour, but then nothing happens.

My sims are happy, have a good high aspiration meter usually, but still won't go.

The car and the school bus wait outside, but when I click on it "go to work" or "go to school", the bubble just disappears, and so does the car or school bus, and nothing happens. The sim just stands in the garden or wherever he/she was, and then goes back inside to do something else

I searched the net for an answer, but so far no luck.

Any help/ideas?
  2. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

The quick answer is that there is probably an invisible sim that came home from work/school with one your family and that is what is blocking access to the car pool. You might get the route-failure thought bubble (a wandering loop of little arrows) or possibly not even that.

The quickest way to sort it out is just to move your sims out and into a new house.

If you would rather not do that then you could try downloading a MATY hack: the FFS lot debugger - unzip it into your Downloads folder in
    My Documents\EA Games\The Sims2\

Once installed you have to buy the special object (its only 5) from the Miscellaneous part of the Miscellaneous section of the Buy mode catalog (it's a yellow box with a red arrow on top).

Put it in the affected house and click on it in Live mode to access the options. First one would be to "Clear Offworld Loiterers" if that option is available. It only offers fixes for problems it has been designed to fix and then only if it has detected them. So every time you click it you tend to see new choices ... can be kinda funny if ya like that sort of thing :rolleyes:

Try to avoid clicking the Force Errors option cos that will do a lot things you probably don't wanna see happen. The debugger isn't guaranteed to fix the problem. You might still need to move out and bulldoze the house.