Troubleshooting Sims2 university

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Gullefjun43, Mar 12, 2005.

1. Gullefjun43

Gullefjun43 New Member

Sims2 university

nobody has answer my problem about university
    i found out if i install it as you should it works fine
    but the problem is that i want to have my familys and teens from
    my sims2 and let them go to university
    i did a backup with sims2 before i install unviersity like it says
    when i start the game my familys that i have in sims2 arent there
    i copy in the folder that i backup... and everything starts
    i can get my neighbourhood and go to university and so on
    but then i chose an exisiting teen that i have from my neighbourhood and let them move in to university then it starts loading and loading and loading
    and nothing happens if i restart the game the teens are there and it loads but then its all freeze the time is stopped and its like its paused but it isnt
    if i try to go to neighbourhood the same thing happens its loading and loading and loading... cant I use my own family and teens from sims2 that i have worked with for such a long time... i thought i could do that.. i have made so many familys and they have so many children for I knew university was coming and my thought was to let them continue there...
    cant I do that:confused: must i start all over again :confused:
    i really would like to continue with all my familys from sims2 into university
    can someone help me :mad:

2. franni111

franni111 New Member

I have exactly the same problem. let me know if you figure out what's going on. Thank you.

3. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

If the game works before you put in your saved Sims2 folder, do you have downloads in that folder?

Some systems just aren't hefty enough to handle the downloads. The loading time for them increases as the downloads multiply.

Try removing your downloads folder from your Sims2 folder and see if it will run your families with the downloads removed. (Your Sim won't be able to change clothes except to Maxis ones and the furniture will all convert to Maxis colors instead of the downloaded ones, but it will let you still have your families.)

If that works, start adding in your downloads little by little. When you get to the point where it can't work, then you'll know that either that download was problematic or that your system just doesn't like having to deal with that much extra stuff.

4. Gullefjun43

Gullefjun43 New Member

I found a online support where i talked to someone
    Now I know what was wrong everything that I had with my orginally sims2 works with sims university except from objects that i have downloaded so I removed all my objects
    and now it works fine... wallpaper clothes floors everything works except from objects that must be compatible with university even familys and houses works fine from sims2