sneaking out

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by tlls62, Oct 21, 2004.

1. tlls62

tlls62 New Member

sneaking out

i need my teen sim to sneak out tonight. i have no clue how to get them to do this. will someone help me please!?:confused:

2. Daizee

Daizee New Member

Hi there, after 10 or 11pm go to the phone and there will be a new option "sneak out". You pick that one and then you pick who you are going to sneak out with. They tell you they will pick you up at a certain time, mine has always been 1am. When they show up, off you go.

Hope that helps:)

3. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Make sure that all parents are asleep before 1am ... cos the "get caught sneaking out" factor is a lot higher if a parent is up at the time.

4. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

Actually, I've basically never seen this happen: As far as I can tell, parents only catch kids sneaking out if they are not occupied doing something, AND the kid "sneaks out" in front of them. If you WALK out, and THEN sneak into the car, you never get caught this way. Of course, that never stops them from getting busted when the cops find them TPing somebody's house or something. It's not as if the parents should rightly care if the kids sneak out, anyway, as long as their homework is done. In the Sims, apparently, sneaking out is an essential part of growing up well, without which kids are much more likely to grow up badly. Knowledge sim teens, on the flipside, seem not to really desire to sneak out. It just goes to show I'd definitely be a Knowledge sim: I never really even considered sneaking out in my youth: There just wasn't anything "out" that I couldn't find "in". Besides, the library would be closed then anyway.

5. Jakethedane

Jakethedane Man of the world

I really like the sneak out option, it makes it more real. I never been caught sneaking out, even though both the parents where standing right in front of the Sim, not occupied. Shes been doing it for quite some time now. They are cool parents.

6. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

I've seen some pretty funny sneak out moments. One time the youngest son was sneaking out with one of his friends, doing the tip-toe thing, passes his mother in the hallway, and she just waves at him and does the "Su-su!" thing on her way to the telescope.

Then he gets busted and comes back. The cop lectures the father. The father yawns at the cop in total disinterest.

7. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

I've noticed also that if you sneak out with a particular sim you are trying to get closer too, the long-term meter will go up considerably. So, I guess that being bad together is a bonding experience. LOL I use it with my Sims when I want them to date another sim who has been hard to get to know.

8. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Well I have had one of mine get caught. I'd post a screenshot if only I had remembered to take one. The mom made a mad dash for the mail box and just caught Blaine as she was tiptoeing across the lawn ... I wasn't able to repeat the event even tho' I was filming a scene for a movie which took 10 or 12 takes. When Blaine was caught the camera was set up inside the car and I was waiting for Blaine to get in when I realised she had been "nabbed" which is why I didn't capture the moment. But she was caught outside and the telling-off took for ever and was like ... sooo booring. Geez! Alice Drake is just so last millenium.

9. afropower234

afropower234 Truly Ancient

i got caught once too. My sim Jake snuck out with his girlfriend of 3 days Lillian and apparently she left him when the cops showed up, cuz when he got home, he was in a cop car and the cop ran and yelled at his mom who was tryin to feed his twin brothers. She started cryin cuz shes a shy nice sim, and then the cop left. Then i made her have an affair with hime, but thats another story...