Sneaking out

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Narra Girl, Oct 27, 2005.

1. Narra Girl

Narra Girl New Member

Sneaking out

hi everyone

i told my teen sim to sneak out. everything went according to plan, his gf picked him up.... but didnt drop him home. it has been 2 dayssincei have seen my teen sim, his moods are very bad??!!!!!
    has this ever happened to anyone else, how do i get him back?

thanks
    narra girl
    xoxox :p

2. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Ooh. Sounds like a nightmare.

The simplest solution is to use the much maligned testing cheats.

[SHIFT]+[Ctrl]+[C] then type:
    boolprop testingcheatsenabled true

(Note the spaces)

Then with your missing teen selected ...
    Hold down the [SHIFT] key and click the mailbox.
    Carefully choose the option "Teleport Here"

ta da! You sim is back ... though he's probably sitting down and stuck.

No problem. Shift click on him and (EVEN MORE CAREFULLY) choose the option "Force Error" ... this will pop up a dialog describing a break point error. You will have 3 options. Choose the option Reset ... he will now be playable again ... be ready to feed him ... or have his most loved relative on hand to plead for his life!!!

WARNING the option to delete will remove your sim and I don't know if that is permanent because I never tried it.

After your get him back reopen the cheat box and do this:

Press the up arrow on your keyboard. This will bring back the last cheat you entered, which was: boolprop testingcheatsenabled true

Carefully delete the word true and replace it with false. Hit [Enter]

Do it this way because I found that:
    "boolprop tesingcheatsenabled false" does not produce an error (go on study it closely it is wrong :p) ... it also will not disable the cheat ... which will cause you all kinds of grief if you leave it running.

I recently used this to recover a sim who was lost in transit between a dorm and a greek house. I tried to go direct to the greek house by clicking on it as soon as the taxi disappeared, cos it was over the road from the dorm. I must have beat the game to draw because he was the last playable sim to leave the dorm and a microsecond later the option to click the neighbors wouldn't have been available. Dang it! I hate it when I get outsmarted by a pile of silicon chips and bunch of noughts and ones :rolleyes:

3. kuponutty

kuponutty Confused little moogle

Thankyou! I recently had that problem. Just out of curiousity, what was supposed to happen? The weird thing was before I found this advice, after Bradley (my teen sim) had been gone a day, he was brought back because I told him to do his sister's homework! He answered "I'm not in the MOOD to do homework!"

4. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

If your Sim had bad relationships with the others at his house, then he may have run away. Sometimes the police bring him home within 2 days, or he'll return home just in time to age.

It's a normal part of the game, but as Mirelly says, there are things you can do to bring him back.