Spore SnootySpore.com Acquired - Welcome to the New SnootySpore!

Discussion in 'General Gaming Talk' started by ManagerJosh, Nov 18, 2007.

1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

SnootySpore.com Acquired - Welcome to the New SnootySpore!

Hello everyone:

As many of you are well aware, Snooty made a decision to close SnootySpore.com due to personal reasons. SnootySpore is a very important Spore resource, site and community, and the complete lost of the entire site would be loss to the community. More importantly, the site is far too valuable to many of SnootySpores members to loose. Many members still call it home.

Due to the above facts, we made a decision to acquire SnootySpore. We reached an agreement earlier in October to acquire much of the content on SnootySpore. Earlier today, we completed the transition. All your posts, threads, private messages, polls, and account have been moved into WorldSims.

I do realize that its a totally different administration and feel. Things are and will be changing.

Some of the changes will be a name change for both our Spore sites. The WorldSims spore site is named WorldSpore but to reflect the acquisition of SnootySpore, we felt that to impose the WorldSpore site name would be an insult to SnootySpores legacy. We too will be renaming WorldSpore as TerraSpore (Terra, in Latin, means Earth).

Some things will stay the same. That includes your fellow moderators Hazath and FireMaker. They will be joining our team as your fellow Spore community leaders.

If there are any concerns, please feel free to bring it my attention. I do hope you will feel at home in our TerraSpore community.

Please do drop on by and visit us at http://www.terraspore.com

All the best,
    ManagerJosh

2. SpaceOddity

SpaceOddity New Member

Congrats! SnootySpore certainly was one of the better Spore sites and I was sad to see it close.

3. FireMaker

FireMaker New Member

Thats right, I'll still be here! I am so glad that someone was able to come along and take care of our site. I couldn't do it on my own, and now I don't have to!

We'll be around for a good long while. I have been here on TerraSpore for the past couple weeks, getting a feel for the locale. It's pretty nice, though different, but in a good way.

I hope you all will enjoy it here, and stick around.

4. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Welcome Firemaker. We can be ying and yang of the mod team. I'm gone a little jaded over Spore in the last few months. I see a potential for a big flop at the moment. I always keep an open mind, however, but I also speak openly about what I am thinking. I hope my current predictions don't come true. Whatever, it's good to have the potential for a more vibrant and active Spore forum. :D

5. FireMaker

FireMaker New Member

I think the game will come out just fine. Will Wright always does a good job.

:)

6. SpaceOddity

SpaceOddity New Member

Just a question, why does the SnootySpore website still link to Hooked on Spore instead of this place?

7. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Cause HookedOnSpore originally took over some of the content.