Spore So What is Spore Anyway?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Talk' started by kingofthenet, Mar 28, 2005.

1. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

So What is Spore Anyway?

Spore is the next game from Will Wright/Maxis, probably best known for being the makers of Sim City and The Sims. Spore takes elements from many of Maxis' previous games such as Sim Earth, Sim Life and Sim City and blends them into a simulation that allows the player to influence the development of a life form from a single-cellular stage, through multi-cellular life in the oceans and on land, to the development of sentiency, tool-use, and eventually interplanetary and interstellar flight. All of the information we have about the game at the moment is from the talk/demonstration "The Future of Content" given by Will Wright at the Gaming Developer's Conference.

Have a nice simming..errr..sporing!
    Heat :laughing2:

2. Nightshade

Nightshade New Member

I heard that the game will be very reliant upon downloading things and using 3rd party programs. Is this true? (I hate downloading unknown stuff just to enjoy a game! :( )

3. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

I don't think that the game will cause anybody problems, since everytime you'll login to the EA server, it will poll out your creatures automatically, so theyr'e shared anyway, and people who will download stuff from the EA server (which will probably be the biggest source), won't have any problems

Heat

4. Nick402

Nick402 New Member

Re: So What is Spore Anyway?

Thanks for the description Heat. I'm just hoping my computer won't blow up from it. :laughing2:

5. Dumdadum

Dumdadum New Member

:laughing2:

Thanks, Heat. :party:

6. Nightshade

Nightshade New Member

My civilisation will rule the world... :laughing2: :laughing2:

7. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

Nope. your civilisation may rule the whole universe ;)

Heat

8. Nightshade

Nightshade New Member

My life dreams will finnaly appear in a video game! (Now I don't hafta do all that work needed..)

9. Dumdadum

Dumdadum New Member

Lol, ya. Yay for not doing any work.

10. britlovessims

britlovessims New Member

This game looks really awesome. Thats for the description Heat..now I can finally rule the universe...at the comfort of my home..hee hee..

11. Hawk_Eyes

Hawk_Eyes New Member

But if the universe really is infinite it might be kinda difficult...

12. Nightshade

Nightshade New Member

I get a headache when I think about the universe.. no wall and no end... WHo made god etc etc. We might be some twisted who knows what's dream! But that wouldn't work.. where did the who knows what come from? O_o

13. britlovessims

britlovessims New Member

I do too..its kind of freaky to think of how much is out there..I wonder how they will cover that in this game?

14. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

Since it's all about you, the gamer in Spore, i don't think it's their job, it's actually yours, your'e the one who should build tech. facilities to explore...They will just give you the tools..

Heat

15. Aphid

Aphid New Member

Humans ;)

We might be, but then we probably aren't. I wouldn't rule it out completely though...

Evolution and... stuff.

16. Sapphire

Sapphire New Member

Thanks very much Sir.Mr Heat *laughs*

17. boines

boines New Member

but what happens when you d/l a super creature that somebody made since it's random and it has a span of 250 and you're just starting out? DEATH lol then you use the ufo and kill it :laughing2:

18. XPDude

XPDude New Member

Killing is fun.

Spore really looks interesting as it combines alot of gameplay elements from alot of other games..Black and White, Sims, Simcity, etc.

19. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

Wrong Boines, you don't have to deal with those super creatures, cause you don't have to download them so early in the game...And diplomacy is always a good way... ;)

Heat

20. NeleSim

NeleSim New Member

Information!
    Cool!
    I love information!