So, What's New?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by surprised_by_witches, Mar 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

So, What's New?

I thought we should have a thread just to talk about our day, share whatever we want, no rules, nothing too trivial. If you want to tell us you shaved your legs (or not) go right ahead. :p

So, we're sitting around talking the other day and we were discussing the fact that my husband and I, while quite alike in many regards, have at least one major difference: he gets addicted to things, and I don't. You can't leave cigarettes, soda or potato chips lying around if he's home because they'll be gone. He can't have just one.

He used to smoke, I made him quit. I can smoke a cigarette or six and then not smoke ever again. I only do it when I'm feeling naughty. I smoked some in college, never got addicted.

So I was saying how I never get addicted to things and my daughter pipes up and says, "You're addicted to the sims."

Out of the mouths of babes. :eek:

(Sequel thread located: http://forums.worldsims.org/showthread.php?t=13020 )

2. babewithbrains_14

babewithbrains_14 The Offtopic Queen!!!

So cute!!!!!

I didn't shave my legs today, that was Saturday night. Thanks for asking though.

3. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

I haven't been having a very good, well, month. They didn't even give us time to transition between the easy, almost homework-free life of a 6th grader to the much more stressful, hard-as-crap life of a 7th grader before they just dumped it all on us! As if that weren't enough, I've been having a horrible headache for a while now, especially in the afternoon when I start to feel drowsy (I took a lot of naps when I was younger :rolleyes: ) *Sigh*...At least I have Sims 2 to make me feel better. I was telling my mom about some things that were bothering me a while ago, and she said, "It's that game you're always playing, Sims whatever. It makes your brain think too much, and then you get a headache!" Psh, sure. :p

4. alliekat

alliekat Insert quirky comment

I got a second job. Nothing exciting, just at an outdoor and camping store. My 3 days a week at the high school library weren't paying the bills. On a plus, we've just had school holidays, so while still getting paid for the library I was able to work extra shifts and get even more money. I treated myself to Nightlife, cuz I've been wanting that for a while now, but never been able to afford it. Next it's a new video card...:D

5. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

I'm the same way. I've had stressful days/weeks at work, where for about a week I'll smoke. Then I quite for a couple months. Never had a problem quiting. I smoked for about 5 months strait at one point, about a pack every 3-4 days, and then quite and didn't have an issue with wanting one again. However, for the sake of our younger ones, I do not recomend this to anyone! Smoking is bad.

Brandon however is just like your husband...one chip! Ha! Same with pop and cigarettes as well. He's not able to only have one. He doesn't smoke either now, but for a while we both were. He had a hard time quiting. I never did.

LOL, way to funny. I'd have to say it is my one addiction as well...well...that and WorldSims!

Oh...and I need to shave my legs! :rolleyes:

6. babewithbrains_14

I'll do mine tonight. I'm going Blackpool tomorrow with a few friends. I'll also do my eyeborows, if you're interested in that...?

7. babewithbrains_14

BTW, I didn't mean shave my eyebrows. Thats stupid.

I meant curl. :p

8. jupitershana

You curl your eyebrows???? Do you mean eyelashes?

9. babewithbrains_14

10. surprised_by_witches

I want to see curled eyebrows. :p

I did a makeover on two of the sim college boys with those stupid bowl haircuts. They were walking by Avery's house and I thought, Oh, no, honey, that won't do at all.

So I bought her a beauty chair and she made them over on the spot. They're both really cute now, though one is still stuck with the name Rodney.

I'll try to remember to post pictures.

Yeah, WorldSims too ... I'm addicted to this site, too. Sigh. I've really got to focus on something non-sim but this is just so much fun.

11. babewithbrains_14

Well, doesn't look like I can go Blackpool after all.

There's a guy in our class called Singy, and him and I used to fight like cat and dog. We still do sometimes. It's Katie's birthday on Tuesday, so we were going to Blackpool for the day tomorrow. So everyone was talking about it this morning in class, because we're all really excited, and someone suggested that some of theguys come. Katie at first was like 'Noooo!' when they mentioned Singy, and I asked her was he coming and she said no. So I said, 'Well, just to let you know, that's good because if he came I wouldn't go.' Everyone knows about us. And she said 'Okay...' looking a bit unsure. I said 'Seriously if I get at yours tomorrow and he's there I'm going home.' and she said 'Okay, don't worry, he isn't coming.' I didn't want to ruin her birthday because I know exactly what he's like - he'll try and be funny by humiliating me, and I'll end up arguing and on my own in the middle of Blackpool. Not a good birthday celebration for Katie. So I got on MSN before happy happy happy, and she says 'Singy, Tom and lewis are all coming tomorrow, you know.' so I told her that if he starts tomorrow I don't care I'll get a train on my own home, after she went mad when I said I was coming at all. Later on I told my Mum Singy was coming, and she went MAD. so I had to ring up Katie an say I couldn't come, with my Mum shouting 'He's a ****head, Emma! I don't care you're not going!' in the background. I totally agree with her, but I still think I could have gone. We can be civil.

So right now Katie may be telling Singy he can't come, or being presurrised into ditching me instead.

I also nearly hit an old lady today. I was helping out at an OAP free diner and was serving, and as I went to set the plate down the old lady moved her head down as she moved to pick up her bag. She nearly got her mash, steak, peas carrots and gravy on her face.

12. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

The sun came out yesterday for the first time in an aeon and it seemd willing to stick around for a bit so I ventured out on foot to explore the canal banks right next to where I live. I've been here for almost 8 months and although the wate is barely 30 yards from my back door I haven't ventured out to explore the tow-path (note to non Brits - UK inland waterways were built in 18th century when barges (7 feet wide and 70 feet long - narrow on purpose cos the UK is hilly so canals need lots of locks and locks need lots of water) were towed along by horses ... hence tow-path :)

Anyway. Had a nice brisk and bracing 45 minute walk that took in around a mile and half of the Stourbridge Locks section of the Dudley Canal. Lots of Canada Geese, ducks and one pair of coots (or maybe they were moorhens :rolleyes:) Also spot a useful ladder and quite a few empty plastic 2 litre pop bottles ... ah the joys of the urban landscape :p

Anyway, glad I went. Got up this morning and it was raining ... a lot. :(

13. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Fell about laughing. Ems you're a gem. It takes most, so-called carers, years of training before they can treat their elderly charges with such reckless abandon ... :p ... looks like you've found a vocation.

As for Blackpool ... trust me. It's a dump ... especially in March. It'' be freezing cold, it'll deffo rain all day and all the decent places will still be shut up waiting for Easter. No-one goes to Blackpool in March! Not even the people who live there :rolleyes:

[For those who do not know, Blackpool is like Las Vegas only without the glitz and the razzamatazz and a lot more wind and rain, especially the wind and the rain ... they have a saying there: "if you can't see the end of the pier, it's raining; if you can see it, it's about to start raining" :p]

14. babewithbrains_14

Lol - I know, but I mean, I wasn't bothered about that. I just wanted to spend time with my frieds. On Monday everyone will be discussing it - and in a few months, it'll be 'Look what I found last night! The pictures of us all in Blackpool! OMG, do you remember when we all got soaking?'

It just seems like I'm geting left out more and more with them these days. Yeah, someone might say well then, they're obviously not your friends, but right now they're what I have.

15. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Well! If you have to go an get all technical and put it like that I guess missing out would be pretty devastating. :p

16. babewithbrains_14

Bloody women. You say one thing, and they're off moaning about getting 'technical'... ;)

17. surprised_by_witches

One before and two after pictures ... ridding the world of bowl haircuts one sim at a time.

And, Babe, you've got balls. I'm ducking and covering before Mirelly starts throwing things. :p

Attached Files:

18. Lynet

Lynet New Member

So how come sims pictures need approval?

I thought it was just pictures of people's cats and dogs that had to be approved.

As for what's new in my life. Nottin. Except we've hired a painter. All the walls around here are either pastel blue or beige (yawn.) I think we'll go with different pastels. Just for a change. :p

For those wondering why we don't just paint the place ourselves--we're OLD. That's why.

HEY! The pictues just got approved. I'm going to go take a closer look.

Just looked. Mucho improved, those guys.

19. reignofevil

reignofevil Spore mod v2.434543

Yesterday a girl confessed love for me.

20. jupitershana

and....

;) tell us more!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.