Some lil new bits of info

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Enjoji, Aug 3, 2003.

1. Enjoji

Enjoji New Member

Some lil new bits of info

Hey everyone!

I found this on the official Sims forums (which is becoming such a haven for arguments - that's why I'm coming here more often now:) :(

http://www.eagames.com/news/campea_071103.jsp

Scrool down to the end to find a little section on The Sims 2; nothing majorly new, but it did have some info I didn't know like individual Sims having their own dance moves (cool - bust a move:cool: ) and setting up cameras around the house.

Anyways, apologies if you guys have seen this before, or it's been posted elsewhere.

Bye! :D

2. simsamgrl16

simsamgrl16 New Member

kool thnanx im gonna check it out

3. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Re: Some lil new bits of info

Glad to be a safe haven :)

4. simsamgrl16

simsamgrl16 New Member

yea u shuld recieve an award for it lol :)

5. Enjoji

Enjoji New Member

Yeah, you should! I found this site by chance, and I'm gald that I did:) . I went to the official forum this morning, and the second post I read they were arguing! I mean, come on! I'm so glad that there's a Sims 2 coming out, and I can't wait, and yeah - it's frustrating TO wait, but some peeps on there just take it too far. So, I think I'll be coming here a lot more now. It's friendly, the people here seem really nice and I'm glad to be a 'junior member'.

Thanks for letting me join up, and glad to be here:D

6. simsamgrl16

simsamgrl16 New Member

im glad 2 b a 'senior member'

7. lilfaeriegirl078

lilfaeriegirl078 New Member

lol im just glad that i am a member!:D

8. simsamgrl16

simsamgrl16 New Member

i think almost all uv us r

9. Bryan

Bryan Member

Im glad to be an admin :) hahaha

10. simsamgrl16

simsamgrl16 New Member

kool hello mr.admin sir! lol

11. mattho

mattho New Member

Re: Some lil new bits of info

Ahh! That's a GREAT bit of information you've found! Thank you! We can export/trade our Sims! Yay! :D

12. Enjoji

Enjoji New Member

I know - isn't it wonderful?! I can't wait to create some celeb Sims or something and upload them for fellow WorldSimmers to download! That's the best bit! And, also if we can create our own objects and such, to upload them would be wonderful, too. What does everyone else think? (Or was that a dumb idea - I'm not very confident in my ideas...:eek: )

13. mattho

mattho New Member

Nah, that's a great idea mate! That's what made The Sims 1 community so great! ;) User modifications all the way!

14. simsamgrl16

simsamgrl16 New Member

its a good idea jus start b-in mah confident in ure ideas!

15. REDXIII

REDXIII New Member

I have some info also,I think its new.

Here's some quotes from a German games magazine from August, 2003.
    Thank to asta2106 from N99 for typing it all.

- every age-period needs a special time of play-hours, Maxis is now busy on figuring out how long every stage will be. The toddler-stage will be the shortest, and the adult-stage the longest stage.

- During a Sim's life, the rate which needs have to be satiesfied more, will change. For example: Teeangers need more social contacts and become hungrier in a faster way. And they need more fun. An old Sim needs a lot more comfort than a younger.

- A family will most likely consist eight members. And to have different generations in one house is the best. Grandparents can tend to the babys and toddlers. And they receive a retirement pay. After grandpa or grandma die, their children will inherit. But how much depends on their relationship-points.

- A teenager can't make out with an adult or a senior, but Seniors can love an adult, old men can even conceive a child. (Old women can't get pregnant).

- Sims recognize family-members, even when they don't live in the same house. They know who is their mama or their uncle.

- There will be different foods! And the best of all is: Sims have to go shopping and buy goods to make a very special meal. The neighbourhood has some public buildings where Sims can buy things to cook, or new clothes!

- Life-Score: The first kiss and being a father or a mother add points to this Sim's lifescore; if he or she loses his or her Mom in an early stage of his life or dosen't get enough love will get a minus. But there's not a right or wrong way. There are some really cool interactions if a Sim has an extremly low lifescore, the same at the other end. Only the Sims with a null lifescore lead a very boring life.

- The lifescore also affects how high a Sim will climb his job-ladder or how often some needs he has to satisfy. A Senior with a high lifescore doesn't have to satisfy his comfort as often as a senior with an low lifescore, and so he has a lot of time to play with his grandchildren.

- The lifescore is the Sim's "memory". Every event in a Sim's life will affect his future.

- Sims are much more intellligent than in Sims 1. If a sims likes another one doesn't only depend on his interests. Also he analyzes the other Sim's appearance and his social background.

- Sims can even marry the maid or the firefighter!

- Sims don't have to work every day - there will be weekends or free days (for a surgery for example).

- Even kids and teenagers can work on their skills.

- Special events: something like "short missions": for example: invite your boss to dinner! When everything works fine, and your boss leaves your house after a good meal, saturated and in a good mood, the next advancement will come sooner. But if your boss will witness your kitchen burning down or your wicked kids bother him, your boss won't like you much.

- Building: three floors; and walkable attics!

16. simsamgrl16

simsamgrl16 New Member

that is all new thanx

17. mattho

mattho New Member

OMG! This'll be so fun! I can't wait to find out what that's like, and what other little mini side missions there are! :p

18. Jake

Jake New Member

shouldn't this be in the Game Info and News forum? perhaps i'll move it there.... anyway i'm proud to be the nutty one :D

19. mattho

mattho New Member

Oh well, it's still pertaining to Sims 2 discussion :D The line is very fine, but you don't have to waste your time moving it ;)

20. simsamgrl16

simsamgrl16 New Member

i think its pez's job